September 25, 2016 at 10:18 pm #23854caenissnowParticipant
Ah I get it. Okay – I’m slow. Thanks. I should not mess with things when eating lunch. 😛September 25, 2016 at 10:21 pm #23855
Nah, she’s right. Depending on the color you begin with you can be stuck.
For instance if the original color is bright red (like this one for instance, sry have to post it separately, wrong comp :P), the color picker is changing everything but the reddish parts who do stay more or less red. What’s changing is that those red part can become darker and darker, indeed. 🙂
I noticed this is very true with red stuff but I can’t say i tried everything. 🙂September 25, 2016 at 10:24 pm #23857September 25, 2016 at 10:24 pm #23858
There are two type of hair in the program, the Hair Preset is usually pre-colored, which can be colored further, but obviously the precolored parts can’t really be altered. On the other hand, the simple Hair category mostly uses the shades of grey, so can be colored to any color you want. If an item is already dark, it won’t be colored as much as the “light” items, but we’ve had this discussion a few months earlier. 🙂October 27, 2016 at 12:39 am #23916
Improvements on finding the most suitable window size and resolution on various desktop settings.February 8, 2017 at 11:29 am #24191
– Added a new feature to allow Pro users to save full-size transparent images of items and companions
– Added an error message when the export was not successful due to read-only target directory
– Fixed a crash on startup occuring only on specific resolutions and GFX cardsJune 10, 2017 at 12:31 pm #24348
– Added the option to cycle through windowed, borderless window and fullscreen modes
– Fixed an issue with incorrect resolution calculation on Surface devices
– Fixed when Season #2 Bestiary incorrectly showed up in Season #1 SettingsJune 12, 2017 at 10:03 pm #24370
– Loading lbd files no longer forces default Underwear on the characters
– Fixed some scaling issues on lower resolutionsJuly 17, 2017 at 11:06 pm #24400
– Fixed an issue when Windows native scaling was enabledMarch 5, 2019 at 11:29 pm #25231
We made a recent update to the software which contained two major changes.
Earlier there was a lock during tutorial which prevented other options to be selected other than the highlighted item. Due to several feedback we removed this limitation, so during tutorial other items can be temporarily selected and tested out.
We also changed the way how shopping is done in our software. Previously when you clicked the Buy button it took you directly to the Store. Now prices are displayed on each unowned pack, and clicking Buy on them will take you to our internal shop screen, where you can check out the description of the pack, as well as see a few screenshots. If you decide to move forward and click Buy again you’ll be presented with the usual Store page, where you can view additional screenshots, and make the actual purchase if you wanted to. We hope this change makes it easier for all of you to decide which packs you are interested in buying!August 10, 2019 at 2:13 pm #25394
Small update today, which fixes some issues while testing custom, standalone packs in the software.
The Developer Pack has also been updated, and can now be used with GIMP too.
A video guide has been created and added to the Create Your Own page to help external artists to better understand the workflow while creating new packages.August 22, 2019 at 3:00 pm #25396
Added support for creating new categories while working on new packages and using the software in Developer Mode. Also updated the Developer Pack with a Config Editor tool, and extended the documentation on the website.December 19, 2019 at 7:08 pm #25560
A bigger update has been released recently:
– changed from a custom config file format to json for more flexible content creation
– multi-level category linking is now supported, coloring, selection, alpha and sets can now be forwarded to multiple other categories
– multiple poses can now be achieved using the ‘set’ feature
– colors can be randomized too
– multiple items can be selected in the same category, and if the category is movable, these items can be moved around individually
– dynamic sale banners are added
– free pack counter is added
– tutorial has been changed to optional and a free pack is awarded upon completion
– several optimizations are done
– Portrait Male and Female packs are moved under Season #3
– Season #2 Bestiary is moved from the Main Menu to all Season #2 sub menus
– several improvements are done and all new features are added to the config tool
– icon generation is reworked from scratch to support arbitrary character structures instead of the pre-baked Season #2 like configs onlyDecember 19, 2019 at 7:39 pm #25562
Ok, I gotta ask :
“- multi-level category linking is now supported, coloring, selection, alpha and sets can now be forwarded to multiple other categories
– multiple poses can now be achieved using the ‘set’ feature” ?
Obviously these doesn’t mean what I understand (well, maybe it can but at this point I can’t change the pose etc…). Could you elaborate, please ?
I can’t figure how to link anything to anything or how to change the pose, or how to access a “set” feature.
In order to understand that, I tried to rerun the tutorial and I got stuck over there :
This is from the tutorial. As you can see, I got no instruction and nothing to do. Of course, I can leave the tutorial and get back to standard ePic but I can’t complete the tutorial. Something feels wrong.
Thanks ! 🙂Attachments:December 19, 2019 at 7:59 pm #25563
Support means that if an artist decides they want to create multiple poses for the same character, similarly how the hands work in the Throne Lady pack, they are now able to. Obivously this doesn’t affect any of the existing packages, since all new sets (poses) are needed to be rendered separately. This development just opens up the option for any future packages to have more flexibility, which we didn’t previously have in Season #1 and Season #2.
As for the tutorial, that’s where it ends. If you haven’t completed it earlier you’d get a messagebox saying that your free pack is unlocked. Since you did that already, you are free to move on from there. I could add a messagebox there saying something about that too. I didn’t realize it’d be confusing, good point, thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.