• This topic has 129 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by LBandy.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    caenissnow
    Participant

Ah I get it. Okay – I’m slow. Thanks. I should not mess with things when eating lunch. 😛

Kelemelan
      Participant

Nah, she’s right. Depending on the color you begin with you can be stuck.

For instance if the original color is bright red (like this one for instance, sry have to post it separately, wrong comp :P), the color picker is changing everything but the reddish parts who do stay more or less red. What’s changing is that those red part can become darker and darker, indeed. 🙂

I noticed this is very true with red stuff but I can’t say i tried everything. 🙂

Kelemelan
        Participant

00.png

LBandy
          Keymaster

There are two type of hair in the program, the Hair Preset is usually pre-colored, which can be colored further, but obviously the precolored parts can’t really be altered. On the other hand, the simple Hair category mostly uses the shades of grey, so can be colored to any color you want. If an item is already dark, it won’t be colored as much as the “light” items, but we’ve had this discussion a few months earlier. 🙂

LBandy
            Keymaster

Improvements on finding the most suitable window size and resolution on various desktop settings.

LBandy
              Keymaster

– Added a new feature to allow Pro users to save full-size transparent images of items and companions
                – Added an error message when the export was not successful due to read-only target directory
                – Fixed a crash on startup occuring only on specific resolutions and GFX cards

LBandy
                Keymaster

– Added the option to cycle through windowed, borderless window and fullscreen modes
                  – Fixed an issue with incorrect resolution calculation on Surface devices
                  – Fixed when Season #2 Bestiary incorrectly showed up in Season #1 Settings

LBandy
                  Keymaster

– Loading lbd files no longer forces default Underwear on the characters
                    – Fixed some scaling issues on lower resolutions

LBandy
                    Keymaster

– Fixed an issue when Windows native scaling was enabled

LBandy
                      Keymaster

We made a recent update to the software which contained two major changes.

Earlier there was a lock during tutorial which prevented other options to be selected other than the highlighted item. Due to several feedback we removed this limitation, so during tutorial other items can be temporarily selected and tested out.

We also changed the way how shopping is done in our software. Previously when you clicked the Buy button it took you directly to the Store. Now prices are displayed on each unowned pack, and clicking Buy on them will take you to our internal shop screen, where you can check out the description of the pack, as well as see a few screenshots. If you decide to move forward and click Buy again you’ll be presented with the usual Store page, where you can view additional screenshots, and make the actual purchase if you wanted to. We hope this change makes it easier for all of you to decide which packs you are interested in buying!

LBandy
                        Keymaster

Small update today, which fixes some issues while testing custom, standalone packs in the software.
                          The Developer Pack has also been updated, and can now be used with GIMP too.
                          A video guide has been created and added to the Create Your Own page to help external artists to better understand the workflow while creating new packages.

LBandy
                          Keymaster

Added support for creating new categories while working on new packages and using the software in Developer Mode. Also updated the Developer Pack with a Config Editor tool, and extended the documentation on the website.

LBandy
                            Keymaster

A bigger update has been released recently:
                              – changed from a custom config file format to json for more flexible content creation
                              – multi-level category linking is now supported, coloring, selection, alpha and sets can now be forwarded to multiple other categories
                              – multiple poses can now be achieved using the ‘set’ feature
                              – colors can be randomized too
                              – multiple items can be selected in the same category, and if the category is movable, these items can be moved around individually
                              – dynamic sale banners are added
                              – free pack counter is added
                              – tutorial has been changed to optional and a free pack is awarded upon completion
                              – several optimizations are done

Content update:
                              – Portrait Male and Female packs are moved under Season #3
                              – Season #2 Bestiary is moved from the Main Menu to all Season #2 sub menus

Developer pack:
                              – several improvements are done and all new features are added to the config tool
                              – icon generation is reworked from scratch to support arbitrary character structures instead of the pre-baked Season #2 like configs only

Kelemelan
                              Participant

Ok, I gotta ask :

“- multi-level category linking is now supported, coloring, selection, alpha and sets can now be forwarded to multiple other categories
                                – multiple poses can now be achieved using the ‘set’ feature” ?

Obviously these doesn’t mean what I understand (well, maybe it can but at this point I can’t change the pose etc…). Could you elaborate, please ?

I can’t figure how to link anything to anything or how to change the pose, or how to access a “set” feature.

In order to understand that, I tried to rerun the tutorial and I got stuck over there :

This is from the tutorial. As you can see, I got no instruction and nothing to do. Of course, I can leave the tutorial and get back to standard ePic but I can’t complete the tutorial. Something feels wrong.

Thanks ! 🙂

LBandy
                                Keymaster

Support means that if an artist decides they want to create multiple poses for the same character, similarly how the hands work in the Throne Lady pack, they are now able to. Obivously this doesn’t affect any of the existing packages, since all new sets (poses) are needed to be rendered separately. This development just opens up the option for any future packages to have more flexibility, which we didn’t previously have in Season #1 and Season #2.

As for the tutorial, that’s where it ends. If you haven’t completed it earlier you’d get a messagebox saying that your free pack is unlocked. Since you did that already, you are free to move on from there. I could add a messagebox there saying something about that too. I didn’t realize it’d be confusing, good point, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 130 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.