• This topic has 129 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by LBandy.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

Indeed, scratch that, now I’m back to 4 packs on second launch. Feels odd.

Hope it’ll reach a stable state now, and thx. 🙂

kalnaren
      Participant

[quote=”LBandy” post=2691]A new version is now available, which increases the rendering quality of the program, especially on lower resolutions.
        A new section has been opened on the site. You can now track your achievements, manage your collection and invite your friends to earn free packs! All of these are available on your Profile page.[/quote]

Does it change the output quality at all? The export PNGs look essentially identical.

LBandy
        Keymaster

Nope, this only affects the rendering quality. The main issue was that the images are way bigger than the average screen resolution, and the scaling is now done in a much nicer way. However, this might enable us to increase the resolution of future packages, but we haven’t investigated yet and no plans on it currently.

LBandy
          Keymaster

– the effect of pressing the Random button can now be reverted by pressing Undo
            – color picker has been improved
            – borderless mode to improve rendering quality
            – Developer Program is now available

Kelemelan
            Participant

New rendering quality “feels” much better, no idea how to explain that one but it feels better so I guess it’s working 😛

On the other hand, my video card really doesn’t like the new color picker (it didn’t like the old one but now it gets worse 🙁 ) and when I select green I get blue, when I select purple I get orange, or stuff like that. This feels very odd. Can’t say I like that one.

As I recall, old picker acted roughly the same but since there was only one color scale (not a 2D one), it was easier to manage.

LBandy
              Keymaster

Could you post a screenshot showing the marker on a given color with the item being different? What’s your resolution btw?

Kelemelan
                Participant

Rez is 1600×900 but good news is somehow it looks like today this color discrepancy doesn’t happen (and GPU behavior looks usual, still hot but not burning) so maybe it was just some kind of glitch I got first times I ran the patch. 🙂

LBandy
                  Keymaster

That’s even scarier, if it only happened once. 🙂 It shouldn’t have anything to do with the GPU, I suspect you somehow managed to trick the color picker to think that it’s on a different position compared to where it actually was, and as a result it picked the wrong color. I’ve tried everything I thought that could be related on your resolution, but no luck. Let me know if it happens again, and take a screenshot, it helps a lot.

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Basically, it happened just after the update.

Now, we’re one day later and my system rebooted several times in the mean time, so ePic had to be relaunched from a “new” Windows (sorta). I’m saying “new” windows because several other softs (read explorer – not ie, the windows environment thingy – or firefox for instance) reverted to their basic settings. Honest, I really don’t have a clue.

Note that I never crashed. Things just felt wonky, so I rebooted manually, and there we are. 🙂

I’ll try to think about the screenshot next time, if temperature agrees with that one (for a clean screenshot that is). 😛

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Color picker has been updated with a value slider to make grey colors adjustable.

Kelemelan
                        Participant

First impression, straight out of the box: excellent! please do it again! 😉

caenissnow
                          Participant

Uh oh…. Now I can’t make dark brown hair because black is gone from the color section. 🙁 I prefer to make realistic hair colors and such. 🙁 Any fix for that?

LBandy
                            Keymaster

This color picker is exactly the same as the MS Paint one, there shouldn’t be any color, which you can’t make now. Really. 🙂

caenissnow
                              Participant

If I try to make brown I get red…. On the other one you get it by sliding it close to the bottom of the red next to black. On this one I only get red because there’s no black. I don’t know the MS Paint one – I’ll go look.

LBandy
                                Keymaster

If you change the darkness you should get brown from red?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 130 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.