Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    LBandy
    Keymaster

– Fixes in Season 1 packs, the top-hair no longer conflicts and hairs no longer clip through tops
      – Color slider no longer activate Tips (better mouse input handling in general)
      – Toggle no longer overlaps main categories in lower/widescreen resolutions
      – Steam version should update packages which are not owned on Steam correctly
      – Adding dynamic config to be able to adjust configs without dropping big downloads on users
      – Season 2 Female Elf and Male Warrior packs are now available

LBandy
      Keymaster

In the recent update we’ve improved the overall responsiveness of the program, also reduced the time it takes to log in to the server. We’ve also improved our package managing system, so new users will no longer need to download anything in order to see what the program does.

We’ve also added a small feature which makes organizing your characters even easier. If you have multiple packages for the same base character in Season #2, you can now chose to Load All, which means starting the editor with all your packages active. You can also chose to load only the Fantasy or Modern ones, if you don’t like mixing themes. This option is also available in the Settings screen, where you were previously toggling packs on and off.

barbiomalefico
        Participant

I run the program, and it patched itself. Then it has restarted, but now is in an infinite loop downloading the characters.
          It says “Verifying packages integrity”, then it downloads 22 packages, in loop.
          I tried to remove all files .lba in User/AppData/ePic Character Generator/dat but it didn’t solve the problem.
          Any suggestions?

LBandy
          Keymaster

Could you run it now and see if it’s any better?

kalnaren
            Participant

FWIW, I updated with zero issue, non-steam version.

Kelemelan
              Participant

Looks ok on my end.

Kelemelan
                Participant

It looks like from time to time the “load all” button doesn’t load the Forum Challenge Special packs (all of them).

Now, If you go back to the setting and hit the button a second time, It seems to work.

I didn’t test that one extensively but I’m pretty sure something’s wonky there. 😛

LBandy
                  Keymaster

It could be that these packs are not loaded from the menu, only when loading them from the settings. I’ll fix this soon, thanks for reporting!

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Ah, yes, maybe I’m loading them with ctrl+A on the second try, and this works while the “load all” option didn’t.

You’re welcome. 🙂

barbiomalefico
                      Participant

[quote=”LBandy” post=2598]Could you run it now and see if it’s any better?[/quote]
                        No it doesn’t solve my issue

LBandy
                        Keymaster

I’ve uploaded a new version with a reworked method of how the files are being downloaded and accessed. This should solve all previous download loop issues. Auto-login is also now available.

barbiomalefico: Since you’re stuck in a download loop I would recommend to download the installer from the site (http://epicgenerator.net/index.php/get-the-program), as the program will be unable to patch itself. You don’t need to uninstall the earlier version, just overwrite it with the new one. Let me know if you’re still having issues.

barbiomalefico
                          Participant

It works. Thank you

LBandy
                            Keymaster

A new version is now available, which increases the rendering quality of the program, especially on lower resolutions.
                              A new section has been opened on the site. You can now track your achievements, manage your collection and invite your friends to earn free packs! All of these are available on your Profile page.

Kelemelan
                              Participant

We have a problem :unsure:

I was owed 3 packs due to previous challenges and so on.

Now I install the update, which tells me I’m awarded one more free pack.

Except my current total of free packs now displays 1 pack, not 4 :

Any help ? Thx

LBandy
                                Keymaster

I needed to roll back just a few minutes ago to a default state, and set your extra packs since.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 130 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.