• This topic has 129 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by LBandy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    LBandy
    Keymaster

Chages:
      – Fixed the rare .ttf not found bug, crashing the application on startup
      – Users can now customize where to Save the images
      – Starting window resolution now sets correctly

LBandy
      Keymaster

A major version update has been released today with the following changes:

– added content to all previous packages
        – further optimization of the encryption to provide lower sizes
        – added progress tracking to downloads and extending timeouts
        – fixed the login bug stating too many devices are registered
        – fixed some rare crashes

In order to use the new version you will need to:

1: Uninstall the previous installation
        2: Download and run the installer (available here)
        3: The program should then automatically download all packages you’ve had previously (if not, then use the links provided at purchase, they’ve been updated)

The new packs will only be available to this version.

LBandy
        Keymaster

A new version has been published today with the following changes:

– Added a short Tutorial to help new users get started. It will walk anyone through the basics of the program, and hopefully will give a better experience to those who’ve had troubles finding the core functionalities of the program
          – The program now generates crash dumps after crashing, helping us solve problems faster
          – Changed the icon of the Season #1 base pack to a more descriptive one
          – Fixed a couple of issues on smaller resolutions
          – Fixed the pack patching system to allow the program to download new versions without Admin rights

The new version should download automatically.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Looks like the fix works ok on my end. So far, ePic feels more confortable. 🙂

Just a note, though : here, season 1 icon is still the same (a grayed out anthro cat). Feels like the intent was to edit it in some way so I’m letting you know. 🙂

LBandy
            Keymaster

Thank you! The package icon has been changed in the installer, and supposed to change later automatically on already installed clients too. There are some issues on being able to edit files which have been installed using admin rights previously, so we’re in the process of addressing this at the moment. This might only happen for you after the holidays are over. 🙂

LBandy
              Keymaster

The program has been updated with several changes:

– All Season 1 packs have been updated to share most of the new features introduced in Season 2
                – Exporting images now applies the correct color to every layer without leaving grayish tones
                – Hotkeys for Save, Load, Export and to switch on all packages without going to the Settings menu
                – Adding Undo and Reset functionality (with hotkeys too)
                – Adding Logo category with multiple options to select from, making the logo movable
                – Adding new features for Pro owners, new splash screen and extra logos to choose from
                – Pro users can now remove the default bra on female characters

barbiomalefico
                Participant

I have downloaded the new program and I tried to use one of my season 1 pack. But when I click play I get this error message: unrecognised sub category: card.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Did you let the program to do the patching for you, or have you downloaded the installer, and installed over the previous one?

barbiomalefico
                    Participant

at first, I have run the old program, but it says unable to download exe even with administrator rights. So I have dowloaded the new version and installed it.

kalnaren
                      Participant

” All Season 1 packs have been updated to share most of the new features introduced in Season 2″

That’s awesome. Thanks.

I couldn’t open old save files though, I assume the new changes have made them incompatible?

LBandy
                        Keymaster

Right. The source of the issue is that when installing the new version over the previous one it didn’t clear the version numbers for the currently installed packages, and believes that you have the new version of every pack while still having the old ones. I’ve uploaded a new installer. Can you give it a go with this one, please? It should download the new version of every pack you own. http://www.epicgenerator.net/index.php/get-the-program

With regards to save files yes, we’ve made some major changes to how the packages have been structured and this has made the older save files incompatible with the new version unfortunately. We will do our best to avoid such in the future though, sorry about that!

kalnaren
                          Participant

[quote=”LBandy” post=2290]

With regards to save files yes, we’ve made some major changes to how the packages have been structured and this has made the older save files incompatible with the new version unfortunately. We will do our best to avoid such in the future though, sorry about that![/quote]

No problem. It’s worth it for the new functionality. Can’t speak for anyone else but it’s just a minor inconvenience for myself. I have all my chars exported as images as well so reproducing them shouldn’t be much work.

barbiomalefico
                            Participant

Now it works!
                              Thank you

kalnaren
                              Participant

I noticed on the Series 1 packs now the ‘Cloak’ item overwrites the ‘Hair’ item, so you can’t put a ‘Cloak’ on a character with a hairdo.

Kelemelan
                                Participant

I’m still downloading the files so it’s a temporary answer, anyway, my old fix still works as a temporary fix 🙂 :

bald character with cloak : export

character with hairdo, no cloak : export

both go as layers in some image editing soft and delete what you don’t need. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 130 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.