Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Fasoldgames
    Participant

Hey nice!

I’m starting to see some pattern here though…I guess you
      like your men muscular and hairy? πŸ™‚

Kelemelan
      Participant

Well, in fantasy, shaving cream or even soap is kind of hard to find πŸ˜‰

Just saying.

caenissnow
        Participant

[quote=”sade” post=2975]i love it πŸ™‚
          if you plan to make own pack im gladly give the bases, and 20-30 items for starting :D[/quote]

Ooh that would be fun. πŸ™‚ I can give it a try. Thanks Sade! πŸ˜€

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=2977]Hey nice!

I’m starting to see some pattern here though…I guess you
          like your men muscular and hairy? :)[/quote]

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Well, I do prefer facial hair, yes, but honestly completely bald and everything in between is good too. πŸ˜€ As long as they’re funny, smart and don’t mind fat ladies I’m good. πŸ˜€ But in my books, yeah, muscular and hairy fits the bill. Most of these men are warriors after all. πŸ™‚

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2979]Well, in fantasy, shaving cream or even soap is kind of hard to find πŸ˜‰

Just saying.[/quote]

That too. πŸ˜€ Though I think a man needs facial hair, really. It’s lots more attractive than clean shaven. My daughter and my mom agree with me on that one. πŸ˜€

Kelemelan
          Participant

Hey, I wouldn’t argue with your mom. πŸ˜› O:-)

caenissnow
            Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2985]Hey, I wouldn’t argue with your mom. πŸ˜› O:-)[/quote]

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Darn right. πŸ˜€

Fasoldgames
              Participant

Well, I’ve always been very partial to facial hair, I have a subscription to the British magazine ‘The Chap’, which is all about stylish facial hair, curled mustaches, gentleman’s beards and such. Also, it’s about proper men’s wear, and how to be a ‘chap’.

I particularly like it’s 50’s style, and tongue-in-cheek approach. Here’s a link, by the way.
                http://thechap.co.uk/

Anyway, I think facial hair makes a man more manly, and a bit more in touch with the caveman inside him πŸ™‚

Kelemelan
                Participant

I’m not going there… πŸ˜›

caenissnow
                  Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3002]Well, I’ve always been very partial to facial hair, I have a subscription to the British magazine ‘The Chap’, which is all about stylish facial hair, curled mustaches, gentleman’s beards and such. Also, it’s about proper men’s wear, and how to be a ‘chap’.

I particularly like it’s 50’s style, and tongue-in-cheek approach. Here’s a link, by the way.
                    http://thechap.co.uk/

Anyway, I think facial hair makes a man more manly, and a bit more in touch with the caveman inside him :)[/quote]

I’ll have a look at the link. πŸ™‚

I love it all from a bit of fuzz to the thick viking braided look. As long as it’s there. πŸ˜€
                    And I totally agree! Much more manly! Without one… guys just look less… i don’t know… well, manly. And the younger they are without it the more they look like little boys, or worse, too feminine and, um, no thank you. πŸ˜€ I’ll take the caveman. πŸ˜€

Hair doesn’t matter so much. I’m just as crazy about a balding guy as I am about a guy with long flowing locks, dreads, or a military cut. It doesn’t matter. Just make sure there’s some fuzz on his face. πŸ˜€ (Frankly, Patrick Stewart with a beard…. I could just melt through the floor.) πŸ˜€

caenissnow
                    Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3002]Well, I’ve always been very partial to facial hair, I have a subscription to the British magazine ‘The Chap’, which is all about stylish facial hair, curled mustaches, gentleman’s beards and such. Also, it’s about proper men’s wear, and how to be a ‘chap’.

http://thechap.co.uk/%5B/quote%5D

The description they put on their site sounds oh so Steampunk. πŸ˜€

“The Chap takes a wry look at the modern world through the steamed-up monocle of a more refined age, occasionally getting its sock suspenders into a twist at the unspeakable vulgarity of the twenty-first century.

Since 1999, the Chap has been championing the rights of that increasingly marginalised and discredited species of Englishman – the gentleman. The Chap believes that a society without courteous behaviour and proper headwear is a society on the brink of moral and sartorial collapse, and it seeks to reinstate such outmoded but indispensable gestures as hat doffing, giving up one’s seat to a lady and regularly using a trouser press.”

64a0eb0eb9d4db772993090d168c68c8.jpg

I know it’s not but it really does make me think of it. My next series of books is set on the other planet in my little solar system and it’s western steampunk. Already wrote 2 chapters about 2 years ago, but gotta get this fantasy stuff done first. πŸ˜€

Fasoldgames
                      Participant

Yeah, I like that too, that steampunk feel πŸ™‚

And all that a bit over the top rambling about sartorial collapse and hat doffing and such :).

But I do feel that they have a point though, that good manners and civilized behavior are on the decline. At least, in the Netherlands people seem more occupied with themselves, and their personal needs and desires, and getting all the personal respect they think they deserve, while giving little to others.
                        Not excluding myself of course, but I do try to act with a bit of courtesy towards others.

In the end, we are all in this together, and I think courtesy and good manners are essential to any healthy community.

Anyway, I think I’m just going to look up the magnificent Trouser Press on the internet, and how to handle that most splendid device πŸ™‚

caenissnow
                        Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3011]Yeah, I like that too, that steampunk feel πŸ™‚

And all that a bit over the top rambling about sartorial collapse and hat doffing and such :).

But I do feel that they have a point though, that good manners and civilized behavior are on the decline. At least, in the Netherlands people seem more occupied with themselves, and their personal needs and desires, and getting all the personal respect they think they deserve, while giving little to others.
                          Not excluding myself of course, but I do try to act with a bit of courtesy towards others.

In the end, we are all in this together, and I think courtesy and good manners are essential to any healthy community.

Anyway, I think I’m just going to look up the magnificent Trouser Press on the internet, and how to handle that most splendid device :)[/quote]

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Yeah…. Down here in the southern US it’s still mostly courteous and the men, mostly gentlemanly. Guys still hold the door open, still help a lady up the stairs, pull out chairs, etc. But I think it’s more common for those who were born and raised here than those who imported themselves here from up north. I’m a southern girl, raised by a very southern family and we say our ‘thank you’s and ‘excuse me’s and ‘please’s and allow other folks ahead in the line and so forth. It’s expected. But it’s changing with less patient people moving down here. Even in traffic you can spot someone not from around here… They’re usually honking their horn at the red light. πŸ˜€

Fasoldgames
                          Participant

Sounds very good, a bit of class and style, that is all I want of life πŸ™‚

I did sound a bit like an old bore in my last post though. I think when I get older, I am going to be a really cranky old man πŸ™‚

Anyway, are you perhaps close to New Orleans? I always wanted to go to New Orleans! I don’t know too much about it, but really like the melting pot of French, American and Cajun styles there. I have never been there before, but it is on my list!

And the fact that the first Gabriel Knight game was situated in New Orleans also helps. πŸ™‚

caenissnow
                            Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3014]Sounds very good, a bit of class and style, that is all I want of life πŸ™‚

I did sound a bit like an old bore in my last post though. I think when I get older, I am going to be a really cranky old man πŸ™‚

Anyway, are you perhaps close to New Orleans? I always wanted to go to New Orleans! I don’t know too much about it, but really like the melting pot of French, American and Cajun styles there. I have never been there before, but it is on my list!

And the fact that the first Gabriel Knight game was situated in New Orleans also helps. :)[/quote]

Nope. I’m in North Carolina, right on the coast. Oak island.

And hey, I’ll be 49 in just two weeks or so…. Old and cranky already. πŸ˜›

I don’t have a list. Used to… But with my son so disabled all that kinda got set aside.

And here I am, still up at 5am again. I was sitting here working on shoes for the developer kit thingy. πŸ˜€ But i think it’s time to make myself sleep. πŸ˜€

Kelemelan
                              Participant

Hey, I’m the Frenchman here and as I recall, there’s much more to Dixieland than Lousiana. πŸ™‚

caenissnow
                                Participant

Okay, well, after several hours of messing around, here’s pants, boots, a loin thingy, and a bit of thigh jewelry, barbarian style. πŸ™‚ Got chest and arms yet to do, but I have to stop staring at the PC a bit… I get visual fatigue. πŸ˜› And I still have a 4 hour trek through Guild Wars 2 planned with my friend this evening. πŸ˜€ So far enjoying myself though. πŸ˜€

barbbpg.png

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 203 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.