Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    caenissnow
    Participant

Thanks, Kelemelan! 🙂

Made a cover for the first book just now for fun. 😛 Somehow I feel myself postponing writing…. ah, procrastination!

niracoveragain.jpg

Kelemelan
      Participant

You’re welcome. 🙂

…and yeah, I know the feeling, tough to face all those ideas and stare at a blank screen simultaneously. 🙂

caenissnow
        Participant

Very true. 😀

fantastic work 🙂

caenissnow
          Participant

Well the girl is all your work really, Sade. Bought a few female packs today for the purpose. 🙂 Was gonna paint a woman myself but to be honest, I’m feeling my age at the moment. 😀 Went with just using ePic Char Gen instead. 🙂 Painted the tree (badly) and stopped there. 😀

The mapping software is amazing though. Totally worth the money. Between ePic Char gen and Fractal Mapper 8.0 the cover almost made itself. 🙂

the map is simple amazing
            making portrait can be tricky, i think its came out well
            the real art not just making the parts, but put together, what you make need creativeness, and you make it very special and unique way.

Kelemelan
            Participant

I’m no shareholder of any kind in NBOS soft ( 😉 😛 ) but glad to know this has been good advice. 🙂

caenissnow
              Participant

Aww, thanks Sade! 🙂

caenissnow
                Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=3097]I’m no shareholder of any kind in NBOS soft ( 😉 😛 ) but glad to know this has been good advice. :)[/quote]

Yeah, I tried Hexmapper too and almost went with that, only because it’s $16.95 right now, but once I got in there and got to messing with Fractal Mapper I was really impressed. Not just with it, but with the Fractal World Explorer that comes with it. Wow…. it is so cool. I “painted” my world in it.

valladrionFRACTAL1.jpg

I was so impressed with that. I could spend days painting worlds with that thing. 😀

Fasoldgames
                  Participant

Happy Birthday Caennissnow!

Nice map you’ve made there, I like it. And the image of the woman is quite good too, the new female pack you say? Well, I’ve got to get it then too!

Anyway, hope everything has calmed down a bit for you, after the flood and everything, and we can see more of your interesting world!

caenissnow
                    Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3101]Happy Birthday Caennissnow!

Nice map you’ve made there, I like it. And the image of the woman is quite good too, the new female pack you say? Well, I’ve got to get it then too!

Anyway, hope everything has calmed down a bit for you, after the flood and everything, and we can see more of your interesting world![/quote]

Thank you! 🙂

Yeah… Ready for things to settle down again.

Just wrote for a bit for the first time in two weeks. Feels good to get back into creative things. 🙂

kalnaren
                      Participant

Fractal Mapper is awesome. I’ve been on the fence about getting it for like.. a decade.. but CC3 is more appropriate for the maps I do so I haven’t bought it yet. World looks great though.

caenissnow
                        Participant

CC3 is great but far too expensive for my limited use. This is just a map for a book so… 🙂 (Well, a series of books. Halfway through the second one now.) But yeah, CC3 looks amazing. I just wish they’d release older versions cheaper or something for us poor folks. 😀

kalnaren
                          Participant

There was a while you could still get CC2, but they stopped that a while ago.

It’s great software but like everything else niche it’s expensive. I’ve acquired the collection over years, and I use it to make maps for my RPG sessions, so I have some use for it. I agree though very expensive for even hobbyist work.

caenis, you should try this? http://inkarnate.com
                            its beta, but seems promising

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 203 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.