Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    caenissnow
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions you guys. I’m really just a writer these days. I did a comic, an interactive website, i tried to make a game, i made music my albums on Amazon i used to do commercial art and portraits, but ultimately what i love more than anything is writing. Been doing it all my life. My confidence isn’t very good, most everything i’ve written I wrote for myself, but my daughter is pushing me like mad to put it out there. ::P:

I have several programs I got in bundles on Steam…One isTyranoBuilder Visual Novel Studio. ( The others are listed with my games: Steam profile) But I just haven’t taken the time to mess with it.

Fasoldgames
      Participant

Nice collection of games on your Steam profile! I saw quite some hours put in Skyrim 🙂 It is a great game, and Bethesda is coming with an enhanced version of Skyrim in october I think.

Also, I recently stumbled upon a new collectible card game by Bethesda, based on the Elder Scrolls world, and it is quite fun. Its still beta, but quite good, and I have a nice little deck now. If anyone wants to challenge me, please let me know 🙂

https://legends.bethesda.net/?locale=en

In regard to publishing and sharing your stories with the world, I always think of the scene in the movie ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’, where Indy has to take a leap of faith into a bottomless abyss. There might by a hidden bridge leading you to the Grail and life eternal, or you might drop down into an endless fall 🙂

Such are the perils of writers. But fortune favors the bold!

caenissnow
        Participant

😀 Yeah…. I’m looking forward to the remastered Skyrim. 🙂 I just hope my aging PC can handle it.

And yeah… I read about the card game. I’m not a card game person really. Role playing is the most fun for me. (I spent many a night and weekends rolling dice and drawing dungeons on graph paper back in the day.) I have Elder Scrolls Online but for me Skyrim’s a lot more fun. (Plus i have 255 mods in my Skyrim. 😀 Best game in the world after Minecraft.) 😀

And very true about the Indiana Jones thing. The risk…. 😀 But you see, I’m 48…. I’ve been writing for 40 years. I guess it’s about time I do SOMETHING with it. The worse thing could be that nothing happens at all.

Fasoldgames
          Participant

That’s the spirit! Sometimes, you just have to take the plunge 🙂

With my board game, the initial reviews where sometimes not so kind, but I learned a lot, and now it is much improved, and so have the reviews 🙂

kalnaren
            Participant

The ability to have more than 255 mods and (especially) use more than a pittance of RAM for Skyrim is going to be awesome. Hopefully it doesn’t take SKSE too long to update to the new version. Hopefully they fully remove DX9 support as well to get around the Windows 10 VRAM limit (Fallout 4 doesn’t support it, so I’m hopeful).

I was never personally a big fan of deck games, though I picked up the Rise of the Runelords ACG from Paizo a while back and I’m actually enjoying it quite a bit, but I’m also DMing a Pathfinder campaign in Varisia so it fits lol.

Unfortunately these days I’m really stuck with games I can play solo. Most of my friends aren’t boardgame or tabletop game people, or manuals longer than a page scare them away. I’m actually amazed I convinced a bunch of them to play Pathfinder.

Kelemelan
              Participant

You do realize than the links I provided point to full RPGs in less than a page, right ? 😉 😛

kalnaren
                Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2795]You do realize than the links I provided point to full RPGs in less than a page, right ? 😉 :P[/quote]

You do realize I said boardgames and tabletop games, right?

I’m honestly not interested in having this discussion again.

Kelemelan
                  Participant

RPGs are tabletop games. I’m no coder.

But there’s no discussion. You can check my links and they point to tabletop games.

caenissnow
                    Participant

@Fasoldgames Yeah. I have to admit I’m a bit worried about what people might think of my book, so reviews and people’s comments might really make or break whether I ever try it again. It’s a very dark story in a very dark world and there’s sex and violence and abusive behavior and you know…. war…. And a sort of ‘un-love’ story. But anyway, only time will tell. Working on the second book now while the first one is being proofread by a friend. Of course, I will ALWAYS write. It’s my first love. But whether anyone in the world will ever get to read the rest comes from what happens with this book. 😛 (I am so not brave… We’ll see.)

@kalnaren
                      Yeah… I can’t wait for the remastered Skyrim, just for the ability to have more mods alone, really. I hate having to merge or abandon mods in order to try a new one. Just merged a bunch recently and then i realized it was getting too much like work just to keep it going, so I started taking out the ones I really could live without. Another thing I would LOVE to see is a way to set up several instances of Skyrim with different mod sets like I can do with Minecraft. I’d love to try some of those HUGE mods like Enderal, but I don’t want to lose all the work it took to get my current set up going. 🙂 But I do kinda hope I can still use DirectX 9. This pc is old and honestly I can’t afford a new one any time soon. I’m worried it’s gonna come out and my pc won’t be able to run it.

I do I play an online game with a friend every night for about four hours. (Guild Wars 2) But the rest of the time I’m in solo games. (Though lately the rest of the time I’m writing. 😛 )

caenissnow
                      Participant

(Also… I haven’t played a board game or a tabletop game in years and years. My ex-husband used to DM games a lot (that’s actually how we met) but I stopped playing. I tend to like to get lost in a game world, to hide away from real life, was hard to do with that bunch.) (I was the only female in a room full of guys.)

Kelemelan
                        Participant

[quote=”caenissnow” post=2799] My ex-husband used to DM games a lot (that’s actually how we met) but I stopped playing. I tend to like to get lost in a game world, to hide away from real life, was hard to do with that bunch.) (I was the only female in a room full of guys.)[/quote]

So ? I support your perspective there.

As usual with RPGs, maybe all you need is the right people to play with ? 🙂

caenissnow
                          Participant

😀 Ah, well… I played with three different groups over the years. The last group was the one I met my first husband in. But in all of them, I was the only female. Most were military guys and most single. In one group we played Traveller. That was fun, but again… being the only female caused problems. 😛

In one group I had to pass a test to join it. Some of those guys were brilliant. Smart men. Others not so much… 😀 Lots of drinking going on… and pizza. But it was the 80’s… A long time ago in a galaxy far far away. 😀 (Not to mention lots thinner and prettier.)

Now it’s just Guild Wars 2. Log in – kill for four hours, log out. 😀

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Oh, I was playing in the 80’s but my experience’s always been the same : each party is unique.

People come with their own experiences and expectations and that’s what makes the game fun… or such a disaster 😉 It’s always a work in progress, but since RPGs are about human ressources, they can be easily improved (or should be).

As far as I can tell, since nothing is set in stone in a roleplaying game. It’s more about the fun and the will to reach common goals while having fun. 🙂

I feel extremely restricted by the linear perspective of computer / board games.

Say I decided to ignore the campaign and I wanted just to be rich because being rich is cool. So I create my own business and sell camels full time, and it’s not easy… 😉 Well I did something basically like that in Polaris (I completely ignored the campaign, granted 😛 ). I can’t in World of Warcraft. Or rather, I can earn money, but it’s not a business. If you get my drift.

caenissnow
                              Participant

Well, see that’s how I like to play games too. I find it a challenge to make up a story for myself and play my game accordingly. Which is why i haven’t done the main storyline in Skyrim in a very long time. 😀 I used to play Everquest 2 and LOTRO and PWI and i would try to make up a character and run along like that… In fact I made a passive monk in EQ2 once. Refused to fight, only harvested and crafted, but you hit a wall at some point and have to kill. But it was fun to try for a while. I haven’t tried it yet in Guild Wars 2, mainly because each profession is so unique and interesting to learn. Someday I’ll have tried everything and then I’ll experiment more. 😀

Never played WoW, actually, but tried nearly everything else. ::dry::

I’m guessing you’ve got ‘Life Another Life’ in Skyrim, yeah? Best mod ever.

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Yep, that’s why I got bored of MMOs, plus real RPGs (sorry, I’m old school, RPG involves pen & paper to me, if I can’t do anything I want – under GM’s scrutiny – I don’t feel like it’s a roleplaying game 🙂 ) survive the passing of time way better than MMOs.

I got real pissed when they turned off MMOs like City of Heroes/Villains or Tabula Rasa because then, you’ve got nothing left.

I definitely took note that I could still use my pen and paper RPGs from the seventies or eighties no matter what. 🙂

That’s when I stopped with the MMOs. I’m not spending one more penny on something that can vanish tomorrow like that in a puff of smoke.

So, well, no, sorry. Never tried Skyrim, and it’s extremely likely I never will unless it comes to me fully paid (with comp 😉 ), for obvious reasons. I’m not going down that road again. 😉 😛

Maybe it’s a great game but my experience is that no matter what, from a roleplaying perspective, MMOs are unsatisfactory at best anyway (you can’t just leave the storyline and decide: I’m gonna be the next king of the realm and build up my kingdom !… or sell camels… or marry the prince… or whatever 😛 ). You need a GM for that, and that’s all about PnP roleplaying 😉 : Improvised storytelling on the spot. 🙂 ^_^

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 203 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.