Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    caenissnow
    Participant

[quote=”greg” post=3058]Sorry, checked it again, and at 800% zoom you can see the back part. 🙂

If you allow me, I can send you a template config with no limitations, just the layer order.[/quote]

That would be wonderful! 🙂
      Thank you! 🙂

caenissnow
      Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3051]Looks nice! Reminds me a bit of the movie Conan the Barbarian.

(one of my favorite movies, with my favorite actor of all time: Arnold Schwarzenegger!)

He had a pretty cool leather helmet in that movie, and a necklace of teeth, perhaps someone could make that one day…:whistle:

[/quote]

Maybe this crown doesn’t infringe on any copyrights… I just drew a little skull instead of the rectangle there.

crowntest.png

Kelemelan
        Participant

Just my opinion but I’d think the sword is more of an issue than the headpiece (what do you remember from this movie ? 🙂 ), so what’s more characteristic has to be more characteristically different.

But it’s just my opinion 🙂

Fasoldgames
          Participant

Ah, that will do very well!

I was thinking, perhaps 1 or 2 nice gemstones in the leather band would add to its epicness 🙂

Don’t remember too much about the sword…it was two handed, and had runes, I don’t think ‘They’ (the evil corporations) can copyright that…although they might try.

I remember Bethesda trying to sue a game called ‘Scrolls’…..because Bethesda had Elder Scrolls….how can you copyright a common word? But ‘They’ try, I guess.

caenissnow
            Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=3061]Just my opinion but I’d think the sword is more of an issue than the headpiece (what do you remember from this movie ? 🙂 ), so what’s more characteristic has to be more characteristically different.

But it’s just my opinion :)[/quote]

If you’re asking what I remember from the movie, it would be Arnold. 😀 I know Geralt’s swords from the Witcher games, but i can’t say I pay a whole lot of attention to movies anymore.

In any case, I would prefer making original pieces as much as possible to copies of existing things. 🙂 (At least original as far as I have seen it. I don’t get out much or watch TV so…. My world is pretty much limited to video games only.)

caenissnow
              Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3062]Ah, that will do very well!

I was thinking, perhaps 1 or 2 nice gemstones in the leather band would add to its epicness 🙂

Don’t remember too much about the sword…it was two handed, and had runes, I don’t think ‘They’ (the evil corporations) can copyright that…although they might try.

I remember Bethesda trying to sue a game called ‘Scrolls’…..because Bethesda had Elder Scrolls….how can you copyright a common word? But ‘They’ try, I guess.[/quote]

🙂 Glad it’ll be okay. Want to make more but I am slow. Trying different things. 🙂 Yeah – I did try putting a gemstone in, but I worried it was too much. I’ll make a second one with gems.

Kelemelan
                Participant

Fasold, with context, you can copyright anything. The issue then will be to prove that the context was the copyrighted one.

But what’s more important is, basically : if you can convince a judge that what you’re saying is correct, then what you’re saying is the law (for now). That’s legal practice 101. So, if some corporate entity can litigate someone out of the competition and they have the money for that, well….

caenissnow
                  Participant

Gonna change something on the pants and I might need to make a second crown widened to fit various hair, but here’s this anyway. 🙂

newpantsandcrown.png

Fasoldgames
                    Participant

Looks great!
                      I like the silver/ruby combination.

caenissnow
                      Participant

🙂 Thanks!

Yeah…. I ended up doing this most of today. I added three necklaces tonight. Still haven’t made wristguards yet, but I plan to. I keep running out of time. 😀

nowristguardsyet.png

In any case, it’s fun. Learning what works and what doesn’t. 🙂

Fasoldgames
                        Participant

Cool! He has a bit of a Jarl from Skyrim :), something regal and strong.

Kelemelan
                          Participant

If I read it correctly, silver/grey is actually just a basic recolorable color, so the pic shouldn’t be misread, right ?

caenissnow
                            Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=3070]If I read it correctly, silver/grey is actually just a basic recolorable color, so the pic shouldn’t be misread, right ?[/quote]

What I’ve learned so far is, everything changes with the color, regardless of what I make it in the art program.

Original grayscale:

With a single deep color and not messing with saturation:

Everything is colored. You just have to fiddle with the color scale to make it lighter, but I still lose my whites. The white of the teeth on the boots I lost. The only way to make them show properly is to separate them like I did with the teeth on the pants. Added them as jewelry on the thigh panel. This is true with ALL the pieces, not just mine. Makes it a little challenging, which is why I’m learning. I know now I should have made the crown a little differently. But I keep backups of backups of backups so I can go back and change it. Once I figure everything out I should be able to make the pieces do what I want. 🙂

EDIT: Oops…. I skipped this one… Shows the red jewels on the crown changed to blue:

caenissnow
                              Participant

(Got a little bit sidetracked and haven’t been working on my pack the last couple of weeks. My birthday happened and I got Fractal Mapper 8.0, and then flooding happened and I had to go to court for my son and now my step dad is in the hospital and geez…. when it rains it pours. So, not only have I not been writing, which is really really bad, but I’ve also not been making any art, which is kinda bad, and I’m hoping mapping out my book and playing with the female packs I got today will inspire me to get back into stuff again. Meanwhile, here’s the map so far.) 🙂

valladrionwholeworld.jpg sectionofvalladrion.jpg

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Well, Happy Birthday, no matter what 🙂

The map looks good, hope it will help you with the writing 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 203 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.