Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

err… problem with a tablet is that there’s only a single screen. so, even if the tablet’s memory was big enough for TBs of info, what you can actually see at a given moment is something else entirely.

And I’m used to using many sources at once so unless I use 3, 4, 5 or more comps, and tablets at the same time (which is kinda silly, eh 😉 ), hardcopy + some kind of computer support is still more cost and space effective to me. 🙂

caenissnow
      Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2942]err… problem with a tablet is that there’s only a single screen. so, even if the tablet’s memory was big enough for TBs of info, what you can actually see at a given moment is something else entirely.

And I’m used to using many sources at once so unless I use 3, 4, 5 or more comps, and tablets at the same time (which is kinda silly, eh 😉 ), hardcopy + some kind of computer support is still more cost and space effective to me. :)[/quote]

It’s not a tablet, tablet, it’s a drawing device, like a mouse. Wacom Bamboo tablet

Yeah… I um…. I have four computers in here. Um… three are set up, most days I have 2 running. I use computers extensively. I have a Google Nexus 7 by the bed too. But I find I only really need the laptop and the one desktop most days. (This sadly is probably why I look a bit like a female Jabba the Hutt.) 😛

IMG_20160916_132330.jpg

Kelemelan
        Participant

Yeah, but comps aren’t book. I can’t browse them quickly and efficiently check in 10 seconds if what’s in page 27 of book 1 is ok with what’s on page 72 of book 2 AND with page 245 of book 3 simultaneously… and then switch to a fourth book that I will keep open… plus take note on all of this plus draw a small map, etc…

Doing that with paper would take me like 30 sec top. 1 mn including the map. If I have to browse through several computers or files, it’s gonna be much longer.

I’m not at all against computer. I’m using them all the time (hey, I’m here :P) but I did learn that they can definitely slow us down. 🙂

Kelemelan
          Participant

Anyway, think that once again we’ve got different uses for similar tools but in the end, these are just tools, as long as they allow us to get the job done. It doesn’t matter much. 😉 🙂

caenissnow
            Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2944]Yeah, but comps aren’t book. I can’t browse them quickly and efficiently check in 10 seconds if what’s in page 27 of book 1 is ok with what’s on page 72 of book 2 AND with page 245 of book 3 simultaneously… and then switch to a fourth book that I will keep open… plus take note on all of this plus draw a small map, etc…

Doing that with paper would take me like 30 sec top. 1 mn including the map. If I have to browse through several computers or files, it’s gonna be much longer.

I’m not at all against computer. I’m using them all the time (hey, I’m here :P) but I did learn that they can definitely slow us down. :)[/quote]

I disagree. I’m much faster on PC. But all my images, all my notes, all my research is all done on PC, in shared storage, so it’s all right there for me whenever I need it even on the tablet. The books and all I did for years and years. My mom and one of my brothers are librarians. We all kinda grew up with books everywhere and doing research of all kinds. So I embrace PCs for that. I love them. My mom does too. 🙂

But still, there is no ‘right’ way. To each his own. I just prefer everything at my fingertips to going and getting books off the shelves.

caenissnow
              Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2945]Anyway, think that once again we’ve got different uses for similar tools but in the end, these are just tools, as long as they allow us to get the job done. It doesn’t matter much. 😉 :)[/quote]

Yep. Very true.

Sadly though, my already bad handwriting gets much worse from lack of use. 😀 😀

Kelemelan
                Participant

Long story short: I can read your handwriting, most of the time, I can barely read mine (no kidding) ^^

So if I want stuff to be read, I’m using block letters. 😛

caenissnow
                  Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2948]Long story short: I can read your handwriting, most of the time, I can barely read mine (no kidding) ^^

So if I want stuff to be read, I’m using block letters. :P[/quote]

forumpost.jpg

😀 😀 😀

Kelemelan
                    Participant

I’m reading:

“If you can read this you’re doing great + better than my kids
                      this … is … read. I love Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. “

caenissnow
                      Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2950]I’m reading:

“If you can read this you’re doing great + better than my kids
                        this … is … read. I love Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. “[/quote]

Close. 😀 😀

“This is so neat” 😀

You could give my family lessons. 😀

Kelemelan
                        Participant

Ah, okay, thx. 🙂

My guess is you wrote “This This is so neat”. 🙂

Fasoldgames
                          Participant

Thanks for sharing your map, and the image from your home, and I am sure you are far more pretty than a female Jabba the Hut 🙂

And I’m glad I finally found some people who’s handwriting is worse than mine 🙂
                            Or maybe the same, because mine is quite terrible too…

Shame really, I like reading letters from historic writers (my personal favorite is the French writer Gustave Flaubert) and I think it would be really nice to send handwritten letters to someone, and to receive them….But alas, I guess these times are behind us.

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Hey, you want to send and receive handwritten letters ? Just do it. 😛

That’s actually incredibly easy to do. X’D

caenissnow
                              Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2952]Ah, okay, thx. 🙂

My guess is you wrote “This This is so neat”. :)[/quote]

Oops. I left out the word ‘thing’…. I swear… my brain leaves out words when i type. 😛

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=2953]Thanks for sharing your map, and the image from your home, and I am sure you are far more pretty than a female Jabba the Hut 🙂

And I’m glad I finally found some people who’s handwriting is worse than mine 🙂
                                Or maybe the same, because mine is quite terrible too…

Shame really, I like reading letters from historic writers (my personal favorite is the French writer Gustave Flaubert) and I think it would be really nice to send handwritten letters to someone, and to receive them….But alas, I guess these times are behind us.[/quote]

That’s very sweet, 🙂 but ‘female Jabba the hutt’ is a lot truer than I want to admit. 😀 Too much sitting in front of those PCs.

Ah well, you can still do it digitally. Write something with the PC and send that. There’s a feature on the Windows 10 Anniversary version that allows you to draw and write, though it would probably be far easier with a touchpad or a tablet pen. It’s called Windows Ink Workspace. Works in OneNote as well, which for me is just magical. I love OneNote.

And yeah…. that’s my little world. The view I see all day every day. 😛

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Do not misread me guys. I’m not saying we should go back to flint and steel. All I’m saying is that computers and the internet etc… are fine tools, and I’m using them. 🙂 …nevertheless they don’t change that the old methods still work so for the simple tasks, the shortest fastest route may not always be the most modern, that’s all. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 203 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.