Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

Okay, he does look barbaric. Good job. 🙂

caenissnow
      Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=3042]Okay, he does look barbaric. Good job. :)[/quote]

Yay!!! 😀 Thanks. 😀

Fasoldgames
        Participant

That looks really nice!

This is for the Dev program I assume? I think it is a great idea, to have community participation.

I do need some barbarian style persons for my computer game, so please let me know when you have a pack ready, and I’ll be sure to pick it up!

Oh and Kelemelan, you’re French? Or French-Canadian?
          I do like the language very much, but even after 8 years of it in school, I really don’t speak it still 🙁

caenissnow
          Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3044]That looks really nice!

This is for the Dev program I assume? I think it is a great idea, to have community participation.

I do need some barbarian style persons for my computer game, so please let me know when you have a pack ready, and I’ll be sure to pick it up!

Oh and Kelemelan, you’re French? Or French-Canadian?
            I do like the language very much, but even after 8 years of it in school, I really don’t speak it still :([/quote]

😀 Thanks!

Yeah, my daughter hates the boots. 😀 So I’m gonna try some other styles when I get up tomorrow. Writing right this minute, but its 3:19am and I have to make a ton of phone calls about my son tomorrow so I’ll probably be going to bed here shortly. (Surgery coming up soon. They’re gonna try an implant to try and slow down or stop his seizures.)

But anyway sure! I’d be glad to let you know when I get it done. 😀 It’s been a while since I’ve done much with art. Kinda having fun with it. 🙂 And I like those big burly guys, so I thought I’d give them a little love first before going on to the other guys. 😀

(My exhusband was Canadian-French, but I took German in school. Now my friend I play GW2 with at night is German but living in Canada so we speak all English anyway in Skype.) 😀

Fasoldgames
            Participant

I hope all goes well with your son, I can imagine this must be quite a stressful time for you. Luckily, doctors can do so much these days, and I’m thankful for that.

Anyway, looking forward to anything you can show of your muscled men pack 🙂

Kelemelan
              Participant

Well, I may be mistaken but as far as I recall, every major speaker in the forum except Caenis is on this side of the pond, Fasold, so that should be a *big* hint. 😉

And indeed, best of luck for everything, Caenis. 🙂

caenissnow
                Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3046]I hope all goes well with your son, I can imagine this must be quite a stressful time for you. Luckily, doctors can do so much these days, and I’m thankful for that.

Anyway, looking forward to anything you can show of your muscled men pack :)[/quote]

Yeah… Everything with my son has been stressful. He doesn’t live at home any more, he got too violent and out of control, but every day is something new. He’s non-verbal low functioning autistic, with mental retardation, epilepsy and explosive aggressive behavior. He improved a lot since he’s been in a structured environment, but they have to keep two staff members watching him at all times. (He’s living in a group home for the last few years with five other disabled kids. Staff of nurses and therapists and neurologists all watching over him. He’s 18 now, and doing well.) My other two kids are in their 20s and normal, thankfully, but different marriage, so different dad. Ah, genetics. 😛

Anyway, yes, I’m gonna work on more barb stuff today. 😀 My daughter gave me a few ideas too. 🙂 She’s a commission artist. Eralynart. It’s kinda fun doing this stuff. 😀 Been a long time since I did much art.

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=3047]Well, I may be mistaken but as far as I recall, every major speaker in the forum except Caenis is on this side of the pond, Fasold, so that should be a *big* hint. 😉

And indeed, best of luck for everything, Caenis. :)[/quote]

Thanks! 🙂

caenissnow
                  Participant

Okay, I’m having entirely too much fun with this. 😀

Sketched out a bunch more to do. Gotta made better boots and all. geez…. this is fun. 😛 😀

Made a shirt and a cape thingy and new hair with braids and I have boots and wrists yet to do and jewelry and I’m thinking of tattoos… etc. etc. etc. This is fun. 🙂

2016-09-26.png

caenissnow
                    Participant

Redid the boots. Here’s the result. Time to stop for today though. Been working on this stuff since I got up today. 😀 Gotta write some and then it’s game time. 😀

mydesign.png

Attachments:
                      Fasoldgames
                      Participant

Looks nice! Reminds me a bit of the movie Conan the Barbarian.

(one of my favorite movies, with my favorite actor of all time: Arnold Schwarzenegger!)

He had a pretty cool leather helmet in that movie, and a necklace of teeth, perhaps someone could make that one day…:whistle:

conan-the-barbarian.jpg

Kelemelan
                        Participant

Yeah well, something looking alike that is. NBCUniversal/Comcast could be a pain in the butt on that one.

caenissnow
                          Participant

[quote=”Fasoldgames” post=3051]Looks nice! Reminds me a bit of the movie Conan the Barbarian.

(one of my favorite movies, with my favorite actor of all time: Arnold Schwarzenegger!)

He had a pretty cool leather helmet in that movie, and a necklace of teeth, perhaps someone could make that one day…:whistle:

[/quote]

Yeah I like Arnold too. 🙂

i actually had some crowns and such planned, but i’m trying to stay away from ‘known’ stuff, so it won’t be exactly the same. Already drew sketches for a bunch of things I want to do. Still learning how to make the art work with the program to the best effect. I don’t have much by way of textures and all so I’m literally just painting each piece.

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=3054]Yeah well, something looking alike that is. NBCUniversal/Comcast could be a pain in the butt on that one.[/quote]

Yeah – I worry about stuff like that too. Gotta make sure everything is unique.

greg
                            Participant

[quote=”caenissnow” post=3049]Made a shirt and a cape thingy and new hair with braids and I have boots and wrists yet to do and jewelry and I’m thinking of tattoos… etc. etc. etc. This is fun. 🙂 [/quote]

I have plans on doing a cheat sheet for our categories, which crosses out which.

Because, if you put the “cape thingy” in the Chest category, it will allow bracelets. The Coat category was designed for long sleeves that meet or go in front of the chest-hip area.

Second thing is a tip: make a _bg for the top, and put some black where the lower part of the shirt meets the body, to make it feel more continous, 3D.
                              You can see this for example on the pants_bg in the developer package.

caenissnow
                              Participant

[quote=”greg” post=3056][quote=”caenissnow” post=3049]Made a shirt and a cape thingy and new hair with braids and I have boots and wrists yet to do and jewelry and I’m thinking of tattoos… etc. etc. etc. This is fun. 🙂 [/quote]

I have plans on doing a cheat sheet for our categories, which crosses out which.

Because, if you put the “cape thingy” in the Chest category, it will allow bracelets. The Coat category was designed for long sleeves that meet or go in front of the chest-hip area.

Second thing is a tip: make a _bg for the top, and put some black where the lower part of the shirt meets the body, to make it feel more continous, 3D.
                                You can see this for example on the pants_bg in the developer package.[/quote]

Actually, I put a background on the shirt you just can’t see it with the cape cause it’s black. And I put the cape in several categories, because I don’t like the limitations. i did the same thing with the shirt and a set of chain mail that I’m not happy with yet. I wanted to be able to use my hair and wrist guards with some of these things so my solution was to put the same items in several categories. 🙂 Still learning! 😀

greg
                                Participant

Sorry, checked it again, and at 800% zoom you can see the back part. 🙂

If you allow me, I can send you a template config with no limitations, just the layer order.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 203 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.