Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
  • Author

tiara, pet, spell effect, item, background test..

kek2.jpg

berg
    Participant

[quote=”sade” post=521]the evil witches, the shamas, the woodoo stuff, and every evil non hermetic spellcasters will be in another pack. (with dark evil backgrounds, props, hair, character, etc)[/quote]

Ah, but isn’t that a bit problematic. I can see the separation of the spellcaster types… but within one type there should be both good and evil characters. Say, if you add the shaman-stuff in into another spellcaster-pack: I think there should be “good” shamans too and not only evil shamans. The same with jungle/tribal/voodoo magic stuff. The difference between good and evil would be maybe the character skin + whatever the character is holding in his/her hands. Shouldn’t there be both good and evil tribal magic stuff?

My point is that type is not the same as good/evil. There are a two dozen spellcaster types (wizard,alchemist,druid,priest,necromancer,shaman,healer,…) but I think all of them could have good or evil characters.

I might be misunderstanding things and getting everything wrong though 🙂

Kelemelan
      Participant

err… are we talking Pathfinder/D&D here ?

Because I’m not using class/alignment based systems and as far as I’m concerned an evil temptress is indistinguishable from a fairy princess (beside the wings, granted 😉 ).

Okay, I agree, I may be a minority… 🙂

berg
        Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=524]err… are we talking Pathfinder/D&D here ?

Because I’m not using class/alignment based systems and as far as I’m concerned an evil temptress is indistinguishable from a fairy princess (beside the wings, granted 😉 ).

Okay, I agree, I may be a minority… :)[/quote]

You are of course right about the evil temptress and fairy princess but games are usually so wonderfully black and white that people get upset when they have to wage war against an army of pretty fairy princesses 🙂

sorry 🙂 my original idea was: hermetic-nonhermetic, but the evil wizard fits the nonhermetic pack more.
          in my head the line is more clear as it seems :))

or: general fantasy spellcaster vs specialized.

i dont want cut off nothing, but i can’t put everything into this pack, and just seems more handle-able (this word is possible?) for making two pack.

ok, another question
          which items would you see as background prop?

greg
          Participant

[quote=”sade” post=527]which items would you see as background prop?[/quote]

– Book shelf
            – Closet full of components (glass jars, crystal, etc)
            – Large candle (like 1 meter tall) or a bunch of small candles
            – Different pentagrams
            – Skeleton, or diagram of human being
            – Raven sitting on a perch
            – Sleeping black cat
            – Large crystal formation, with and without glowing effect
            – Elemental effects, like small tornado, water or lava fountain coming out of the ground
            – Small or even large tree

Question: how many background objects are allowed? One of each type or multiple?
            For example with trees, can she have one left of her and one right of her?

done:
            book shelf
            component closet
            pentagrams
            skulls
            light sources

how much items? i send the coder, and he will decide 🙂 i will suggest to him one front one behind

10 background ready
            15 items ready
            working on the pets

hm. i have to set up a limit for packs
            10 pet /pack
            15 items /pack
            10 backgrounds /pack should be enough.

22g.png

LBandy
            Keymaster

[quote=”berg” post=523]

Ah, but isn’t that a bit problematic. I can see the separation of the spellcaster types… but within one type there should be both good and evil characters. Say, if you add the shaman-stuff in into another spellcaster-pack: I think there should be “good” shamans too and not only evil shamans. The same with jungle/tribal/voodoo magic stuff. The difference between good and evil would be maybe the character skin + whatever the character is holding in his/her hands. Shouldn’t there be both good and evil tribal magic stuff?

My point is that type is not the same as good/evil. There are a two dozen spellcaster types (wizard,alchemist,druid,priest,necromancer,shaman,healer,…) but I think all of them could have good or evil characters.

I might be misunderstanding things and getting everything wrong though :)[/quote]

The base character would be the same for all packs, and the thematically separated items can be used at the same time, so you would be able to create a mixture of any packs you own. We just try to overcome the often mentioned problem that every character should be able to be used in any setting, and putting everything into one big pack would be extremely hard to manage, and would cost a lot to buy, so we’re separating those items which can relate in different packages, and you would be able to get only what you need.

berg
              Participant

ah, ok. So this is coming out as a “generic wizard” pack and there will be an additional tribal/voodoo/evil wizard pack. That means you will release them as different categories but use the same base character – which is ok and actually excellent. I was worried that they will use a separate base and the evil wizards cant use the items from this pack and vice-verse. That would have been a shame since there are great new options coming out judging by the previews posted in this topic.

Btw. how is the “version 2.0” proceeding? I mean the bersion with higher resolutions and categories. Do you have any estimate on the schedulefor it?

plus several character skin will be added to all clothing pack. 😀

the generation 2 characters will be base male, base female, manga (perhaps child, teen), and when i will make a “human female evil women pack, this will be for this base, and with one mouse click you will able to mix and match (turn on off the categories 🙂

as you know im moving after one month (but im living already on temporary place, what i cant really handle 🙁 ), and lbandy is also busy. he will have to also rewrite -almost- everything in code, i have to repaint the gui, and cropping the packs what im ready with..and i have to tell, i want make at least 10 packs when we willbe ready .. so we plan it to next year..
                i hope it seems im also develop in painting and 3d too, so the result will be much better, but for it i need time. i think you already know for me i LOVE to do it, and i do my best.

i put the first prioriry now the quality.. i allways will share the things for feedbacks, and you know i m also listen to them, and i know you are come back for time for time, i will keep the site update, and i need your feedback and suggessions badly, because im girl (ok, woman), and .. you know, i m.. totally forgot about beards too o.o”

LBandy
                Keymaster

I’m afraid we can’t set a target date yet, as it has several dependencies. Sade will be away for a longer period, and I have a day job, and am also involved in other projects as well. We will do our bests to be able to present it to you as soon as possible, but we would like to take our time to polish the product and to address every known issue right now. It’s good that we don’t have a publisher to push us, so we can focus on quality in the first place. 🙂

We would like to launch the HD version at the same time we get the software on Steam, so spreading the word about supporting us on Greenlight may help speed things up. 😉
                  http://www.steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239431914

Kelemelan
                  Participant

Will ePic 2nd generation supersede the original one or will we be able to use both ?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.