Forums ePic Character Generator Showroom Share your character :) Fasold’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Fasoldgames
    Participant

I was experimenting a bit with creating short encounters for my board game using Epic Character Generator, and here is one result. An elven ghost lady, I think it turned out not too bad.

The other programs used are Photoshop and InDesign. The two ghosts are by Keith Curtis.

Ghost.png

i L O V E I T
      This is perfect example of creative using way of my program.
      🙂

Fasoldgames
      Participant

Thanks!

Kelemelan
        Participant

Aesthetically, it’s quite pleasing. 🙂

Nowadays, I’m really looking for pulp to scifi stuff so I’m definitely not in the mood for fantasy but nice work. 🙂

greg
          Participant

Sade just noticed what I haven’t: the forum had a limit of 700 pixel height and it resized every picture uploaded lately.

I cleared the limit, but please, could you be so kind and edit your post and change the picture (to the same picture on your side) and post it again, so we get the bigger picture?
            Thanks!

Fasoldgames
            Participant

Hi,

I uploaded the image again, but I did make it a bit smaller from the original, which was very big, apparently.

Anyway, thanks for message!

Kelemelan
              Participant

uh ?

If I understand correctly, it’s not about your image’s size, it’s about keeping a higher rez. The forum was resizing all images that were bigger than 700 pixels. Now that this is over, Greg was asking us to repost all the recent original ones for higher rez. 🙂

Fasoldgames
                Participant

Yesterday, I saw someone had made a deck of cards on the Gamecrafter with hand drawn art of Mexican wrestlers. I liked it a lot and then I thought: we can do this with the Epic Generator too!

Personally, I like mythology a lot, and a deck of cards with mythological characters for example, would be something I would buy in a heartbeat!
                  You could, for example, create Greek gods and goddesses for the Heart cards, Norse gods and goddesses for the Clubs cards, Indian deities for the Spades cards, and Chinese deities for the Diamonds cards.

This could also have an educational value, to teach children something about ancient world religions.

Anyway, I threw some images together to show what it could look like.

Artemis.png

And here’s one with more info about the goddess.

Artemis3.png

Anyway, its all just a thought really 🙂
                  But I think, if someone would make something like this, it certainly could sell!

wonderful idea, you can make a deck, we also have centaurs, and satyrs 🙂

Kelemelan
                  Participant

Just a note put pantheons are hardly similar. Unless you include cards for ouranos and gaia as the all encompassing earth/mother and sky/father for instance, it’s gonna be tough to have a set able to face the indian pantheon. 🙂

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Much easier if you go down a notch and go for mythological creatures, as Sade suggested, indeed. At this stage, you don’t have to ponder if Zeus is more or less important than VIshnu or maybe Brahma, or should it be Shiva ? well, hence my original note. 😉 😛

Fasoldgames
                      Participant

I think you guys are quite right. Perhaps only 1 or 2 pantheons and gods and goddesses for the Jack, King, Queen and Ace only, and lower creatures for the rest of the cards.

Kelemelan
                        Participant

I believe “similarity” is the key.

Latin, Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Babylonian (well european and mediterranean)… should work ok in the same deck, and for some reason I’d bet (it’s a shot in the dark 🙂 ) here that far eastern or mesoamericans pantheons should work ok too provided they are in their own decks. Regarding cultures from the pacific and dreamtime spirits, I believe you”d be even more qualified than me to answer that one iirc. 🙂

Fasoldgames
                          Participant

Yeah, I agree. Pantheons that have something in common, or a bit of a shared cultural history. I don’t know about more qualified, you sound pretty smart to me 🙂

And I know very little about pacific gods and deities, I know a bit of voodoo, from games like Monkey Island and Gabriel Knight 🙂

But thats it!

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Oh, yes, religions like Vodun, Macumba, Candomble, Lucumi…. you could make another deck out of these. 🙂

Basically, christian faith plus west african spirits/divinities. Very interesting mix. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 231 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.