Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report claim for free not working

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    nesstaann
    Participant

I claimed my free pack and it says I own it on the website but doesn’t say I own it on the game app?

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi nesstaann,

I just checked our backend and I saw that the package is associated with your account and also that you’ve successfully logged in since posted your message here. Do you still face any issues, or is everything working now?

master_lorn
        Participant

I have done the tutorial 5 times on my account, still no free pack.  I am logged in.  If I can’t get the free pack to show up why would I even waste money on something I doubt will work correctly?

Kelemelan
          Participant

LBandy will provide a better answer but your account needs to be an ePic account, not a steam account or a google account. Is that so ?

LBandy
            Keymaster

Hi master_lorn, sorry to hear about your issue!

I just checked our backend and I can confirm that I can’t see the tutorial completion on your account. I do see that you successfully logged in to the client, but there were no other messages coming from the app. There were several other users who got their accounts credited in the same timeframe you were trying, so it doesn’t seem to be a general issue – but I’ll investigate your case and hopefully find something. In the meantime, I manually credited your account with a free pack for completing the tutorial, which you should be able to exchange for a pack of your choice on your Profile page.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you still have issues with accessing your packs.

master_lorn
              Participant

Lbandy, I got the issue solved (not resolved).  Apparently my ISP (comcast) thinks that the software is some form of malware and as such it’s security protocols block it from sending updates between the software and the authentication server.  I’ve never experienced this issue with any other app and I run tons of gaming and rpg type apps on my rig.

The only way I can get the software to work is by turning off the “Comcast xFi Advanced Security” which I am lothe to do on a full time basis and its a pain to do so just to run one app.  Hopefully you can get this resolved with the ISP’s, I was strongly leaning towards getting this software for my character images, but I will have to look elsewhere it seems.

LBandy
                Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll reach out to them to get our software and domains whitelisted asap. We have whitelists from most of the AV/FW companies already, but I was not aware of the existence of the one you mentioned here. As it seems they don’t even have a user-configurable whitelist you could fine-tune, well, what can you do… 🙂 I’ll update you once it’s figured with them.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Hi master_lorn,

So support at Xfinity is a bit slowish at the moment. I submitted all the info they requested and waiting for further analysis from their end. In the meantime, they suggested that you install the xFI app yourself which will allow you to maintain an internal whitelist of allowed applications and domains so our software won’t get blocked and you can still enjoy protection while running it. This would also allow you to see a detailed report on why the app/domain was blocked initially, and you can use this report to submit it to their customer support, so they can also investigate your case directly.

I hope this helps, will keep you posted as the case evolves.

daniel-arnold
                    Participant

Wrong thread, sorry.

klokwerkaos
                      Participant

Hello.

I am another person having problems with this system.

Upon login of the game I have completed the tutorial and wanted to claim a free pack.

I went to my account page and it shows “0 free packs” even though in the live version it shows one.

I have relogged and repeated various things, still having this issue, for whatever reason these things aren’t communicating properly.

Additionally I’d like to ask:

There is a completion bonus for another pack for having pro version and completing a season.

If you buy the season pro pack that includes both does this still unlock those free packs?  Or are you expected to acquire them individually?

I would hope not but I’d like to be sure to temper my expectations.

Kelemelan
                        Participant

Hey,

LBandy will provide a correct answer but I’m positive there are no free pack for buying pro or “completing” a season, that’s kind of strange idea actually.

I suggest you check the bundles over there https://overheadgames.com/shop/ they may be closer to what you are looking for. 🙂

Kelemelan
                          Participant

My bad, I’ve just been around for too long… ^_^

Yeah, if you buy pro + a full season, you should get a free pack and a discount. At least that’s how I understand it. I didn’t buy mine this way. 😉

LBandy
                            Keymaster

Hi klokwerkaos,

If you create your account on the page which was opened from the software when the Tutorial was completed it’ll already have all the necessary account information to perform the account linking in the background, however, if your account was created at a later step, you’ll need to manually link your accounts, which is an easy process and only involves a few steps. You can find guides on how to do that on our site:

Steam Account Linking Guide

Google Account Linking Guide

All Achievements are tracked separately, so you can buy the Season #1&#2 bundles in a single transaction, and unlock all the free packs for the First Buy, Season #1&#2 Completion, and the Pro version Achievements.

I hope this helps, but let me know if something still doesn’t work. 🙂

klokwerkaos
                              Participant

@Lbandy

I’m specifically not using steam though.  I don’t want to use that platform even though I use it for everything else.

This is because the packs cost much more on that platform which is curious because I thought steam had a non-compete clause.

That said I was planning on purchasing the bundles today, but apparently I missed the sale by just a few hours 🙁

I literally was just going to purchase them now and they were on sale last night.  Sad times.

I suppose I’ll have to wait for the next discount.  It’s quite a large purchase to get both at the same time, I do hope sales are relatively regular and periodic as I’d really like to begin using this software.

LBandy
                                Keymaster

The USD prices are the same here as on Steam, but since Steam converts to other currencies, you could see a difference in the converted prices. Since Steam can’t require external webshops to offer multiple currencies, this is fully in line with their policies. 🙂

You can purchase any packs on any platforms and once your accounts are linked they’ll be available on all. If you buy a pack here, they’ll be credited on your Steam account the same way as if they were purchased in their store.

As for the discount period – yes, the Digital Tabletop Fest just ended, but fear not, Halloween is just around the corner with the same discount. Just make sure you check back in the second part of the week. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.