Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report claim for free not working

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

Otoh purchasing everything amounts to something like 40+ packs at once plus pro so yeah that can be quite a sum πŸ™‚

klokwerkaos
      Participant

@Lbandy

Thanks for the update.

I’m very excited to hear that.Β  I was a bit concerned it might be another six months or something before another sale, but I’ll be glad to partake in the season 1&2 at that time as I already have the funds set aside.

I do have a question about other assets if it’s not too much off topic…
        While I understand the FAQ sorta covers this, I’m a bit curious to understand more.

Regarding mixing various assets and how they can be exported as assets into PSD so I can mess around in gimp with effects and such, are the assets themselves if resized appropriately able to be mixed and matched regarding positioning?

By this I mean, lets pretend there’s a mask (or whatever) in a season 3 throne pack, and I want to grab that mask because it’s not an asset in season 1/2.Β  If I export that will it align to the other forward faces or is this something where the perspective will be totally off and I can’t use the asset?

I’m asking mostly because while I like the functionality of something like heromachine 3 where all assets convert and you really only need to worry about clipping, I strongly prefer the art assets/style here and that’s why I’m willing to invest, but it would be super awesome if there was cross compatibility, even if I have to futz with it some in gimp.

Kelemelan
        Participant

Assets from different seasons are not intended to mix with each other so they would not align at all.

Actually, you would have to export the season 1 or 2 stuff first, then export the season 3 stuff, then mix them in an image manipulation soft as best as possible.

Of course same thing would happen if you’d try to mix season 2 male with season 2 muscular for instance…

For things to work perfectly without postwork you need to work with assets from the same set (that is only Season 2 female, for instance).

Kelemelan
          Participant

Now, since you’re asking :

Here’s a random based on season 1 with season 3 throne pack pack assets (and some postwork, couldn’t help myself, I got inspired :P) done in GIMP, so yep, it’s definitely doable.Β  ^_^

LBandy
            Keymaster

Kelemelan stepping up his game. Nice one! πŸ˜‰

klokwerkaos, our sales are usually in-line with Steam’s schedule, so if you are familiar with their timing, you can plan ahead. πŸ™‚

Based on my understanding, Heromachine uses a custom format similar to vector-based images, where each item is defined in a way that it can be programmatically resized or rotated without losing quality. Since we use more detailed textures on our items, it’s simply not possible to do this kind of manipulation in the software, and the only way we could do that is by creating all items in all possible perspectives for all character bases. This would not only add a lot of overhead to each item but would also result in creating many variations that would never be used.

So in the end, what you see is what you get. All Season #2 packs belonging to the same base (Female, Male and Muscular Male) are fully compatible in regards to perspective, while the others will need some additional tinkering. In theory, it shouldn’t be too hard to make them work, but this is something that can only be done in postwork, and this is the main reason we introduced the option to export as layered PSD files, so these kinds of manipulations can be done, and we aren’t artificially restricting the usefulness of the software.

whtknt
              Participant

I’m having the same problem as others in this thread. I have claimed my two free packs (one for the tutorial, and one for logging in without Steam authorization), but they do not appear as me having ownership.

whtknt
                Participant

Never mind. I’m just stupid. I found them.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

I checked your account and all packs are correctly credited. All I can guess is you are looking at the Season #2 Female packages while you claimed the Season #1 ones. Check under the “Season #1” label in the Main menu, they should have a glowing padlock icon on them.

Got your message in the meantime, I’m glad to hear it’s sorted. πŸ™‚

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Sorry, I would have placed this in a more appropriate topic but it looks like the forum doesn’t work correctly. As far as I can tell, I can search but I can’t browse the forum page by page (if I try to, I’m sent back to https://overheadgames.com/ ) ,Β  so I’m posting this here. Sorry again about that.

—-

Maybe it would be a good idea to create an actual “Season 2” category in the software beside Season 1 and Season 3 (even if it just led to the current default male/female/muscular options) ? or maybe just add something like “S2” to the male, female and muscular icons/buttons, to suggest they are Season 2 stuff ?

Not that it would change much for users who’ve been around for awhile but it looks like the current unidentified “default Season 2” is misleading for new users.

Just an idea to make things simpler and clearer for new users. πŸ™‚

LBandy
                      Keymaster

I’m not seeing the issue regarding the forum – if you have exact steps I can reproduce the issue let me know, and I’d be happy to investigate!

Thanks for the suggestion regarding a separate icon. I was thinking about this as well, but I figured creating a new Season #2 icon in the main menu would also add another extra layer to the UI screens, and would make navigation a bit more clunky. But putting Season #2 or S2 on the base icons could be an interesting idea. I’ll play around with some variations.

Kelemelan
                        Participant

Thanks you for your answer. I’m fine with anything, these are just ideas πŸ™‚

About the forum: If I click on any link between https://overheadgames.com/forums/page/2/ to https://overheadgames.com/forums/page/%5Bwhatever%5D I’m sent back to https://overheadgames.com/

Search appears to work correctly and the “All Topics” list at the bottom of https://overheadgames.com/forums/ works okay too (as far as I can tell).

Looks like it’s about the shortcuts at the top of the page and just above the “All Topics” list. These don’t work.

LBandy
                          Keymaster

Alright so it took a while, as I needed to reach out to the devs, and they helped me figure out what the issue was – but Forum pagination should work now. Thanks again for spotting this, Kelemelan!

hexblade21
                            Participant

I am logged in and Steam auth is checked. I have completed the tutorial, and it shows I have a free package. However, none of the packages are available for free, whenever I click on them, it takes me to the buy screen on Steam. I would like to purchase in the future if this works out, but if I can’t load a free package, how will I load one I purchased? I don’t think I quite understand what I’m doing <sigh>.

Kelemelan
                              Participant

I’m usually not using Steam but my guess is you want to read LBandy’s first answer to this same thread:

“You can claim your free packages on your Profile page. If you have a free pack available, you will see the β€œClaim for free” text under the character image. Click that, and it should be added to your account. Please let me know if there are any issues.”

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Forum pagination works okay, thank you about that, LBandy πŸ™‚

However, Forum’s main page (https://overheadgames.com/forum/) doesn’t seem to update correctly now : on my end it doesn’t display posts made after yours (I had to look through the thread to find hexblade’s post and even now, your post is the latest visible from https://overheadgames.com/forum/, that doesn’t feel right).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.