Forums ePic Character Generator Chit Chat General feedback Sci fi pack works great with the Adventurer pack

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

Okay, so three months delay minimum if you’re not the lucky one. 😛

Darn, tough luck, you’re making sure we do our best. 😉

caenissnow
      Participant

Well, it’s almost 6am here and I haven’t been to bed yet, but I just HAD to fiddle with this thing for a while. XD The lighting is terrible and there’s white borders around some of the guys but this was fun. I thought I’d show it to you guys just for fun. Thanks again for the help. I will definitely get those packs as soon as I can. 🙂

confrontationbpgisme.jpg

this image definiately goes to staff pick asap
        i love it

caenissnow
        Participant

Thank you Sade. 🙂 That was so much fun. I showed my husband this morning (he was getting up just as I was going to bed) and I had to explain what the software is and all and what happened and he said I should get the sci fi one again today. So I’ll go do that now. Thank you for telling me about that. 🙂

I think if I had just one request it would be to make a profile/side facing version of these packs at some point. 😀

Kelemelan
          Participant

And it happened again, had to hit reply in order to see caernis’ msg on the forum. Otherwise it was hidden (I got it via email but it didn’t show online). Thought I should let you know.

Same issue with different browsers.

Just one question, caernis : what do you mean by profile facing version of the packs ? I’m curious.

greg
            Participant

Picture is out in our Gallery 🙂

On Kelemelan’s note: I will check our forums spam protection settings. The first some posts are admin approved, but after that the user should be visible to all…
              Maybe that’s not working right, or the unapproved message is sent to subscribers of the thread and seen in reply … That would be a major security hole.

Kelemelan
              Participant

It happened once with one of sade’s message this afternoon and once now with caernis. Doubt sade is moderated 😉

Maybe it’s a glitch on my end or some kind of lag. No idea. But well, thought I should send the info, just in case. 🙂

caenissnow
                Participant

Kelemelan, I mean where the character is facing sideways, like turned to the side, body and all. For me personally, I kinda like to make little scenes. I used to do it years ago with royalty free photos just for fun. I would get fixated on some character I was writing about and then I would go nuts searching for images that looked similar and then make a moment visually that I then had to get to in the writing. Sort of an inspiration thing. So for me it would be neat to be able to make the same character facing to the side. 🙂 I know it’s probably not a common thing to suggest though, and I don’t expect these guys to do it or anything. XD (But it would be cool.)

And wow, thanks Greg! 🙂 That’s really cool.

Kelemelan
                  Participant

Yikes. Sure, it would be cool but as I understand it, that would be quite a workload on Sade for somewhat limited end results. I’m just an observer but I wouldn’t hold my breath on that one.

Now, maybe everything evolved in secret and ePic season 3 will be entirely about characters facing sideways, who knows ?… 😉 😛

LBandy
                    Keymaster

Well, this has come up for multiple times already. As we only save the characters in 2D layers, adding an option to turn them around, or having a profile view would mean that every single item in every pack should be rendered and worked on twice, separately. It would be easy to add this functionality in an actual 3D program, but would be a tremendous amount of work using the current setup of the program, so we don’t have any plans on this in the 2D version, sorry.

caenissnow
                      Participant

Yeah… The forum is doing that thing for me now too where it’s not showing the most recent messages. I got the emails, but I don’t see them on the page.

Anyway, yeah, 😀 I wouldn’t ask anyone to do that. It would be neat, but no…. Completely understandable. And if you guys came out with a 3d version I would probably never get any sleep ever again. XD

Kelemelan
                        Participant

And it happened again… I got your message via email, lbandy, but the site wouldn’t display it.

Note that it is shown on http://www.epicgenerator.net as the first message in the list (as it should) except that it’s just not displayed when I click for it. :unsure:

Kelemelan
                          Participant

Oh, and just a side note : would I be wrong in expecting a 3D version to require more powerful computers as well ? B)

Sometimes, I like simple and easy… 😉 😛

LBandy
                            Keymaster

When I click the link in the email it always takes me to the actual message. Interesting…

LBandy
                              Keymaster

We don’t currently have plans for a 3D version, so I can’t comment on that question.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.