Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Payne
    Participant

My newest Dnd character is a homebrew race. A take on the Japanese Kitsune. Rather than an Athropomorphic Fox She has 3 forms. 1i s a Female elf with up to 9 fox tails. 2 is the same Female though with fox ears as well a tails. 3 is the actual fox form with up to 9 tails. I have not been able to figure out how to use the developer program yet and I am very busy recently working on my masters. I figured I would throw my idea up on here and see if someone else who might have more time than I could take my idea and run with it. A rough Idea of the look I am going for can be seen in this picture published in DnD The Baby Bestiary Volume 1.

Attachments:
      Kelemelan
      Participant

Hi, Payne. Welcome aboard !

Not that I can be of much help regarding the developer program, it still looks awfully complex to me 😉 .

That said your idea feels quite simple as far as I understand it. Use ePic to generate a female elf (Season 1 or 2 female elf) and use the fox from the bestiary pack. Everything else is just postwork. Cut/paste the tails where you need them, remove everything you don’t need, maybe a bit of re-coloring and voilà !

Feels like the easiest way out to me.

Of course, you can import extra fox or elf pics to make the mix more interesting but the general idea shouldn’t be much of an issue. 🙂

PS: Gimp, Paint.net or Photoshop would work fine for the post work.

Ashesnei
        Participant

Hey, nice idea. I thought about to play a silverstar in d&d. Because they are strong? Nope, therefor are better prestige classes. It’s because I wanted to play a bitten lycantroph. Creatures, which are born as such, have fully control over themselve, but a bitten not. There is one hope: “Becoming a silverstar of the godess selune”. It needs a few levels, but then, the bitten have total control of the own doing. That must be roleplay full of thrill and careful actions, as long as the character hasn’t fully control. Maybe there exists also Kitsunesilverstars…..if Kitsune are lycantrophs.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Silverstar

Ashesnei
          Participant

Ok, I really tried again to use the template and this time it’s useable…..I think. Here are foxtails for a ninetailed Kitsune. If you want less, you can use the erase tool and take some tails away with it. Sadly I don’t know how to integrate the file in the generator itself, but it will be possible. Here the picture. I’ll find a way to translate the tails later. Take only one and it could be a wolftail. Hm…..but it has to be replaced ….a little bit.

Kelemelan
            Participant

Ooops, forgot the ears. 😛

Well, you can proceed the same way and add them from one of ePic’s creature with a bit of resizing/recoloring and blurring in order for them to look right or you can copy/paste/recolor actual fox ears like these :

6977672448_a8a6b2149e_b.jpg

Aren’t they cute ? 😉

Ashesnei
              Participant

Jep, they are. Maybe I should make a Pseudopack with tails one to nine and the one tail in diffrent colors. And some ears for fox and wolfhumans. We have catears in the supernaturalpacks. But I’m not doing it today. Like the tails I could paint them by myself….maybe. Thihi, this will be nice. 😆 Ok, it could last for some days.

Payne
                Participant

That would be amazing!!!! You guys are all amazing!!! I really need to find time to figure out how the developers software works. Or find a different editor software to work with. I might have time during my winter vacation. What do you guys use?

Kelemelan
                  Participant

Short answer : Whatever works 😉

Now I tend to rely on open source software(s) so GIMP, Krita, Paint.net, Inkscape, LibreOffice or OpenOffice.org Draw, Scribus… etc… If it gets the job done, that’s fine with me. ^_^

A while ago, Sade explained that some version of Photoshop was available for free. You should be able to retrieve her post from the forum’s archive if you’re interested. So there’s that, too.

Ashesnei
                    Participant

I’m using GIMP. Hm…..i hope, that this ears will look good to the hairvariations.

Earshow.png

Kelemelan
                      Participant

Just my 2 cents but your pic’s got 4 ears, Ashesnei.

Is that on purpose ? in order to integrate it into the developer program, maybe ?

Maybe I missed something, I don’t know. 🙁

Ashesnei
                        Participant

I know, what you mean. The catears in the supernatural pack are working the same way. There are four ears, but if you take hair, which covers the normal ears, wou only see the fluffy animalears. I’ll show you.

four ears:
                          earsfour.jpg

two ears:
                          earstwo.jpg

Kelemelan
                          Participant

I understand what you mean. 🙂

I just didn’t know if you intended to use the pic as a starting point for something that would include the standard ears or if indeed it was meant as an ePic component.

Just that to be absolutely honest, when I saw your pic my first reaction was actually 😉 (no offense meant) :

s-l1000.jpg

I tend to rely on postwork anyway. 🙂

Ashesnei
                            Participant

Olala. Don’t worry, I know that I’m not that well in painting on pc, but maybe some people like and use it. ….it would make me happy, to be honest. Give me paper and pencil and it would look better. 😉

Kelemelan
                              Participant

Maybe if the ears were set in a small V just a bit furher apart she’d look more like a fox and less like a rabbit, what do you think ? 🙂

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Kinda like the cat ears if you will.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.