Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Portrait Generator under progress too.
    If you have any special wishes about item/tattoo/hair, please let me know. (no copyrighted thing)
    (I make it with my “arist brother in hood” Peter Temesi)
    It’s no 3d, fully painted.
    This is LBandy’s first met with the generator:

ln.png

random
    what do you think?
    what would you like to see into it?
    jhgfhjg.png

some random:

jzf.png

r04.png

r03.png

some is just funny

f011.png

f022.png

f44.png

Kelemelan
    Participant

hehe, two points since you ask 😉 :

First it looks nice, indeed 🙂

But second, at this stage someone like me wouldn’t have much use for such a tool, sadly. This feels way too focused on classical fantasy characters’… heads 😉 😛 .

Of course, I do assume this is a WIP, hence the “at this stage”. 🙂

i make it same reason because making of epic: i did not found similar, quality generator. its a challenge. i hope the rpg players, who prefer the tabletop gaming, and gms,and in rpg industry etc will have some demand for it.
      Or not. still, it is great experience from all point of view 🙂

Todo: Take out every half ready, finish and fix every ready 😀 for raise the quality 😀 (because i just put everything right now)

Kelemelan
      Participant

Well, there used to be a portrait generator from nbos soft (The Character Sketcher), but the end results looked really too medieval for my taste, hence my reserve. Plus, as far as I know, that old stuff wouldn’t work with current operating systems 😛

I can think of some other softs I’m not using for the same reasons, like Profantasy’s Character Artist : just no modern pack.

Just talking out of experience. 🙂

So, from my perspective, I see your point, that is building a portrait generator that can do what you want.

Now, about suggestions for a portrait generator, I can think of many, many packs, none of which will be medieval (well maybe one or two), but that’s a completely different story altogether… 😉 😛

i know it, but .. i think the quality is.. sorry, but not enough good for me? 😀
        btw i did not tell i dont plan modern version from it.. 😀

i want make a quality generator what is stand his position, if you making book illustration or cardgame or to blog etc.

Kelemelan
        Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2398]
          Of course, I do assume this is a WIP, hence the “at this stage”. :)[/quote]

[quote=”Sade” post=2407]
          i know it, but .. i think the quality is.. sorry, but not enough good for me? 😀
          btw i did not tell i dont plan modern version from it.. 😀

i want make a quality generator what is stand his position, if you making book illustration or cardgame or to blog etc. [/quote]

Yup, I support all of the above. 🙂

That’s why I’ll wait and see. 🙂

Alassirana
          Participant

I can actually see myself using this, possibly quite often. It would help me get a better idea of some of my story characters, so that I can visualize them, which is at the moment a very difficult thing to do, due to brain variances that I have. I might also end up using the portraits in my maptools tokens in order to show my players in my online ‘tabletop’ games what a character might look like, especially an important npc. I would like to see a fairly wide array of ‘types’ as such, both heavy and lean of male and female, with some variation for slightly non-human types. So far, what I’m seeing is quite good. It is something I would find very useful in my gaming and my writing.

Kelemelan
            Participant

Oh yes, point, what about the totally inhuman body types ?

This is not a question limited to a portrait generator (it works for the main soft too) but what about elemental characters (ie: characters made of some, element, not just with an aura), crystal characters and so on ?

Any hope for something like that in the future ? 🙂

I’ve always wanted to create my very own team of Fantastic Four, but at the moment I’m missing the Thing and Johnny Storm 😉

yes, the portrait generator will be a pack (“main ” character), these randoms came from the implemented stuff with random buttons.
              thank you for suggessions, great idea about elemental bases, and face elements.
              the inhuman face types is limited (same reason), but it will have (the epic generator also have inhuman section, more than one)
              but the living flame is totally workable, i have to figure some for Ben (i remember his name well? i think the fantastic four my less liked superhero team, and the movie does not make me like them more :(( 😀

Kelemelan
              Participant

Yeah, I’m a “back to the source” guy. Usually, to me, movies/serie just betray the source 😉 😛

Ben Grimm is The Thing, Johnny Storm is The Human Torch.

And this opens the option for characters like these such as the Silver Surfer, The Vision, and so on (ie: with odd skin types).

Note that this would work just as well in settings not meant for supers, for instance, you can change the element (earth, wind, ice, etc…) and… one option give you the mutant : Iceman, another would just be an ice elemental for your sorcerer to summon 🙂 :cheer:

As far as the idea goes it sounds simple. Now I’m just suggesting ideas, as usual, make your pick, I get that thinking and doing may not be that simple. 😉

which is better?
                when he looks to left or right? (first or second?)
                both is same pose, just mirrored

vs.jpg

Kelemelan
                Participant

First one’s got like an evil look so I’d say that the one on the right looks better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.