Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

Just had a quick look and Season 3 looks interesting but you may want to add direct links to it in the STORE and GALLERY menu up there ^ as well as more obvious links ?

I’ve been looking for them for a while. Only place I found them was in the mail you sent.

Did I miss something ?

LBandy
      Keymaster

If you click Store without the submenu it’ll take you there. A new category is in the making, but wanted to let the packs out of the door asap. 🙂

Kelemelan
        Participant

A few playtesting notes:

I like the “Body” zone in the Comic Monster pack. Very good and convenient idea to change the complete character’s color at once.

OTOH, while using the Comic Monster and Throne Lady Pack, I can still access my Season 2 packs (Challenge Packs 2 & 3 and Bestiary Pack). They won’t work but my guess is they shouldn’t be there at all.

The Red Mage
          Participant

I noticed the same thing regarding the Challenge Packs 2 and 3 and the Bestiary Pack. I tried loading those in, and it caused some errors as a result, so I guessed those aren’t actually meant to be used with the new packs.

Kelemelan
            Participant

Most prolly. Same issue used to happen with the portrait packs until it got fixed so imho it’s a safe bet. 🙂

LBandy
              Keymaster

Yeah, I always mess these up, don’t I? 🙂 I’ll fix it soon, thanks for the heads up!

LBandy
                Keymaster

This is now fixed. Please let me know if you face any other issues in the future. Thank you!

libriomancer
                  Participant

I’m really disappointed in the utter lack of skin color diversity in the new Throne Lady pack :/

LBandy
                    Keymaster

Hi there! It’s always up to the artists to decide what items they incorporate in their packs. There were a lot of extra complexity with the different hand positions at first, but I believe if the pack sells well, there will be expansion packs for it with couple of new skins types.

Kelemelan
                      Participant

That’s not that difficul to fix in postwork.

Here is a multilayered photoshop file that you can use as a base for variable skin color

Bases.psd.zip

Just change the Hue/Saturation/Luminance, hide the useless layers, then add to your pic as an extra soft light layer layer and delete what’s not needed.

It should work just fine.

revmykl777
                        Participant

I completely agree with you. We should not need a workaround for this. Not really trying to call out ECG on anything, but my daughter who is mixed loves this program, and after finding that she could not make the Throne lady look like her, she refuses to use the program. Whereas before she was on it every day.

Kelemelan
                          Participant

Let me guess, you’re in the US ?

libriomancer
                            Participant

Thank you! This is exactly right. People of color shouldn’t have to do this extra post-work; that puts an extra burden on us for simply wanting to be represented.

I’m mixed as well revmykl777, I feel for your daughter.

I remember how much I loved being able to play a black girl in Pokemon X&Y for the very first time. When they took away that customization in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire I was so upset that I couldn’t play the game. Luckily the makers of Pokemon learned their lesson and have included skin tone customization in every game after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

And Kelemelan, it doesn’t matter where in the world we are specifically located. People of color are everywhere. Including diverse skin tones will only increase business. Why should I pay for a product that doesn’t market to me?

Kelemelan
                              Participant

It does. But nobody said it was meant to represent yourself.

For the record, my opinions are my own. I’m not part of the team.

I’m using ePic for way stranger skin hues than standard like purple, or orange. So I have no issue with any human shade.

LBandy
                                Keymaster

Thanks for all the feedback so far! We are aware that diversity is important, and obviously giving more options in various categories, including skin colors should be considered whenever possible. When working with a new artist however, it’s up to the artist to decide what they want to represent with their pack, what kind of creatures should be created with them etc… In most cases, not creating diverse enough options in a given category isn’t intentional. It’s not the pack isn’t meant to be used by colored people, or take away the option to represent darker skin tones. We had quite a few technical difficulties when we worked on this packs and we focused so heavily on solving each of them that in the end we needed to cut down skin colors only to a single one, to be able to properly use the dfferent hand positions as we originally planned. We are working on a solution to be able to use this multi-pose framework with multiple base colors as well. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused, it wasn’t intentional on our side at all. We’ll update the pack once we found an optimal solution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.