Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ashesnei
    Participant

That’s an interesting conversation. In my past I had to fight with sentences like “You was born there, that means you must be a racist”. It’s so easy to be accused for being a racist because of the birth, but I also know what happend because of racism, so I’m not surprized (If I use the right word). That doesn’t mean, that this was your intention, but could it be, that the feeling of racism hurts you? I’m asking, because I don’t know it, but if it’s the case I say, that it might not be the intention of the artists to ignore other skincolors and I will not criticize them for not thinking about that or not to being able to take them in. There also aren’t asian skins, indian skins and so on. Would be nice, if they would create skins for all sorts of us humans. Nothing I could claim for.

One more thing. I’m not good enough to make skins, so I only made some tails and ears for free. Everyone, who thinks, he is able to make skins can try it and create a new pack. Maybe you are good in things like this or you know somebody. A pack for your daughter 😉

Kelemelan
      Participant

Skin colors (as oppposed to skins) are a very simple thing. It’s just playing with the sliders.

Now I’m pretty sure that in this case the artist had no racial intent but she looked at the issue from Greece where it’s not a question at all. I’m explaining why the statue on the acropolis are not negroid or mongoloid, here.

Well, they are not because the artists were just not concerned about that.

For the record:

I CAN’T draw something that looks like ME either since I’m not a young powerful tall male body-builder.

Guess what. I’m not complaining.

Once again, ePic was never meant to draw yourself and advertised as such.

Ashesnei
        Participant

Thats right, I would never intent to create me there myself. Why making fat skins? The most own characters of everyone in games are good looking. I often use the programm for this kind of characterpictures. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.