Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Voyager72
    Participant

I am unable to Login currently. It worked earlier today, but now I keep getting a timeout.

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi Voyager,

There aren’t seem to be any connectivity errors either from our tests or on the backend, so you might want to simply try again?

Please let me know how it goes.

Poldi
        Participant

Sorry to bother you, but it seems I can login here, but the standalone program does not let me login with the same data. Weird, also there are no boxes to uncheck or anything else that I can see to tryout…

Poldi
          Participant

The error message is “the user name or password that you provided are not recognized by the server…”.

But I´m pretty sure I did type in the same as in the login on this page

LBandy
            Keymaster

Hi Poldi,

Sorry to hear about your issue! I just checked our backend and I can confirm that I’m seeing several incorrect logins. Both your e-mail address and your username can be used for login, so the only difference should be the password. I obviously don’t know what your password is, but if it contains \ or % characters, you might want to change it – while they work fine in the frontend, they aren’t accepted by the backend. This is something that only recently surfaced, and I’m still in a process of resolving it.

If you had any of those in your password and after changing it you are still having issues, or if you didn’t have any of them please let me know, and I’ll follow up via e-mail.

Poldi
              Participant

Hi LBandy,
                thanks for the hint, now with a different password it worked.

It seems in my case there was an issuer with either ! or “

Zamasu
                Participant

Hello!

Got problem with Steam account linking. Just purchased Season 1 pack, completed tutorial and saw offer for the free art packs. I registered a new account with same email as my Steam account but different username and passwod. Tried to login with it into the app – apparently it worked and I can use season 1 pack stuff but my profile shows that I didn’t purchased a thing. I can autologin in app with my Steam account data automaticaly filled for me but I can’t claim my 4 free packs. I have no idea how to fix it.

Halp!

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Hi Zamasu,

Sorry to hear about your issue! We don’t have a way to query your e-mail address based on your Steam account, so all you need to do is link your accounts so that you can claim your free packs. It’s super easy and only takes a minute, here’s a step by step guide on how to do that:

Steam Account Linking Guide

Please let me know how it goes!

CreatorDraconis
                    Participant

I think I’m also having timeout issues. This was after I got the 3rd Forum Challenge pack.

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Hi CreatorDraconis!

Are you experiencing an issue with the Login, or do you see looping downloads that prevent you from proceeding to the Main menu? There currently seems to be an issue with Comcast / Xfinity users, as the provider blocks downloads for some reason. I’ll reach out to figure out the problem and solve it via e-mail.

CreatorDraconis
                        Participant

Looping downloads, and thank you!

LBandy
                          Keymaster

For future reference, I created a detailed guide on how to solve looping downloads, available here.

sarika78
                            Participant

I recently bought the Season 1 Pro Bundle through Steam on epicgenerator.net, but I can’t seem to get into the game. My credentials for epicgenerator.net and Steam work, yet credit appears on my profile. I need help linking my account so I can use the Pro features.

LBandy
                              Keymaster

Hi sarika!

Sorry to hear about your issue.

First thing first, if you run the software on Steam, you should be able to access your packages by opening the Season #1 Packs icon, and then all your packages should be unlocked.

To be able to claim your free packages, simply perform an account linking, following this guide. You basically just need to enter your login details in the Steam version and untick Steam Auth before pressing Login:
                                https://overheadgames.com/epic-character-generator/steam-account-linking-guide/

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you need further assistance!

sarika78
                                Participant

I appreciate all of the wonderful things you have provided, the love you have shown, and the excellent information you have shared.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.