Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    farandall
    Participant

I have an account through the epicgenerator.net site and today I purchased the season 1 pro bundle through Steam. I installed the Pro version through Steam. My profile on the epicgenerator.net site shows credit for the purchase but I cannot sign in when I launch the generator. When I click the Login button, the program repeatedly tries to login in using default information and neither my Steam account login information nor my epicgenerator.net login information seems to work, so it defaults to offline mode after it can’t login. What should I do to be able to login to the program and link it to my account?

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi farandall,

Sorry to hear about your issue! I checked our backend and corrected the problem, you should be able to log in now either using your ePic or your Steam account.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you!

emian
        Participant

Hello. I successfully use epicgenerator several month ago last time, but today i also can’t login.

First time i was tried through steam, but it say that “Can’t connect to server”. I try to uncheck “steam auth” and login with my site account but see the same error.

After that i download and install from this site, but this error again.

Then i try android version (work with it half year ago). But now i even can’t  enter account, program crash after 5-6 sec when i starting enter password. I think it try to connect with default account from start, without chance to enter my account, as i saw in desktop version. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Android 9.

Please help me, i need new characters  🙂

LBandy
          Keymaster

Hi emian,

Sorry to hear about your issue! The Can’t connect to the server is a typical message which means that the software, well, can’t connect to the server. It isn’t related to your account or log in status, it simply says that it’s unable to get a reply from the server (which is the same as the website is running on) in 30 seconds, so it times out. If the site is up, the server should also be available. Can you double check that you aren’t behind a firewall or router which blocks access to the software?

As for the Android crash, it’s certainly related to the same root, but the message request is handled a bit differently. This is an issue I’m investigation currently, as it should also launch the same way the PC version does even when being offline.

Meanwhile I lowered the firewall security level for your ip address as it could also cause some hickups.

Please let me know how it goes!

emian
            Participant

Thanks for quick response!

I understand that this error message say about connection, but i honestly haven’t noone firewall.

My desktop is Ubuntu, and steam and epicgenerator installed over wine. It works fine at least year ago and before without any problem. I don’t upgrade or change system since last successfull opening.

Then, when i found android version, i work mainly with it at least half year till autumn 2019.

The only thing that has changed from last using is my internet provider. I always work from unlim mobile 4g internet (share it to PC from android). But since 11.2019 i move from one mobile operator to another. But i did not encounter with any blocks from my new provider.

May be there are any methods to investigate connection problem? Ping some ip or anything else?

LBandy
              Keymaster

We should find a way to debug this for sure. I’ll send you an e-mail shortly.

Kelemelan
                Participant

For the record :

I don’t know if this is related to the latest patch but here, ePic lost its admin privilege. Had to reinstate that manually.

So far it only happened on one (windows) system but I thought you should know.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

This isn’t necessarily an issue, as the software doesn’t need admin rights to run correctly. During the auto-update process a new executable is deployed, overwriting the previous one, and the rights aren’t copied. Whenever ePic needs admin rights it’ll ask for it anyway.

emian
                    Participant

Yesterday i tried to enter again, and now login become successfull.

I didn’t do nothing on my system, so i don’t know why it is working now.

Anyway, thanks 🙂

Kelemelan
                      Participant

On my end, soft was working correctly but I had to save files on my main windows drive.

If I tried to save them elsewhere I got a warning and it wouldn’t work. Launching ePic as admin allowed me to save wherever I needed the files, just like it used to be.

Kelemelan
                        Participant

As I thought, this seems to be a Windows (W10) issue.

So far, no such things with ePic on Linux. Not that it’s much of a surprise, Windows 10 has been somewhat whimsical lately.

Due to the latter, this is a fresh reinstall but Microsoft seems to be facing constant updates and patches nowadays…

Kelemelan
                          Participant

Surprise, surprise…

Forbes is warning that latest W10 upgrades are buggy. No kidding…

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Just a note but on my end if I try to log in on the forum from a post, I’m typing in black on black, just as I was a while ago before this issue was fixed.

End result this is not exactly readable.

This may be specific to me but I thought this was worth reporting.

It works okay if I log in from the “log in” menu at the top of the screen.

Kelemelan
                              Participant

The forum log in data is black on black again.

Maybe that’s intentional and this is why you went for a separate log in window ?

Here is a screen capture for more information.

This stops once logged in but this black on black during the log in process is kind of annoying.

LBandy
                                Keymaster

Ah, I see what you meant! I wasn’t aware there was a login form at the bottom of the topic, as the only intentional method for login was the menu item. 🙂 I disabled this form now, so should be good. Thanks for letting me know about this issue!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.