Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    The Red Mage
    Participant

We’re getting more Anthros? WHEE! OK, calm down, just got a little excited there. Seriously though, I’m extremely happy to have anthro characters considered again. That was one of the things on the Pro questionnaire that OG gave us a little while ago. I can’t wait for this to finally come out, but, I’ll wait as long as needed, I’m in no hurry, and sometimes it takes a little longer than expected to make it ‘just right’.

I don’t think we’re getting new anthro characters. I believe this will just be an add-on update that will give the existing anthro cat male and anthro cat females optional tails.

Kelemelan
      Participant

Good thing you’re reviving this one. I got involved in several other projects and the tails ended up at the back of the list which would be kind of fitting but still. 😛

I’m going back to the drawing board. This lasted long enough.

On the other hand. I see you’re seeing Anthros as “cats”, Red. I did so when I first worked on this project but what’s taking me so much time is that they are more like “non human” bases. I believe anthro is just a shortcut for anthropomorph so cat-like is just an option. There are reptiles, undeads, etc… 🙂

Okay, so, let’s go back to work.

The Red Mage
        Participant

I see you’re seeing Anthros as “cats”, Red. I did so when I first worked on this project but what’s taking me so much time is that they are more like “non human” bases. I believe anthro is just a shortcut for anthropomorph so cat-like is just an option. There are reptiles, undeads, etc… 🙂

Well, the names of the packages are literally “Anthro Cat Male” and “Anthro Cat Female,” so that’s why I call them anthro cats. That and they all look like variations of felines. Even the undead and lizard versions are still just, well, undead feline anthros and lizard-like feline anthros.

It’s like the other packages. For example, you can use the Elf package to make fairies, demons, angels, snake people, etc. but the basic of the package is still an elf.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Ah, yes, indeed. I’ve been working out of ePic, directly from the pics, for a while so I didn’t notice.

I would say the name is misleading then. At least, It mislead me 😉 . I didn’t realize that it would be a challenge to fit a cat’s tail on guys like these, not without making them look out of place that is :

A crocs’ or lizard’s tail seems to be much more appropriate to me. ^_^

Otoh, when you’re using the elf package to make fairies demons or whatever, you’re basically using humans with pointy ears… I should know, I spent a lot of time getting rid of those pointy ears 😛 and just add some stuff to make them demons, fairies or whetever.

In order to re use inappropriate anthro skins for something else, well, you have to change the whole skin and that’s a totally different challenge. That’s why I’m saying the pack is more “anthro” than “cat” despite it’s name.

I thought it was a cat pack too but now that I spent so much time working on lizard, batracian, undead, and err whuzzat ? skin (no kidding, eheh ^_^), I really no longer have a name for the whole pack except just “anthro”. ^_^ 🙂

I believe it’s a good thing to be honest.

It would be good if the pack got more items with time, I believe it deserves it.

The Red Mage
            Participant

Indeed, whether they’re felines or lizards or zombies, they’re basically anthropomorphic bestial humanoids and it just always seemed odd that they had options for stuff like horns and wings but not tails.

Kelemelan
              Participant

The male tails pack is mostly complete. Only a handful of characters to create plus doublechecking and that should be it. 🙂

Here’s another (mostly random) preview :

I_Create_4_Fun
                Participant

OK, no more Anthros for now. That’s fine, a person can still dream.

Kelemelan
                  Participant

Oh, there’s a lot you can do with the PSD files.

This is basically a random but you should get the idea 😉 :

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Okay, the Male Anthro Tails pack is complete. At this point it’s around four dozens tails big (bigger actually, but hey, who’s counting :P).

I’ll doublecheck them to make sure everything is okay, and when it is, I’ll send them for review.

Here’s another (random) preview :

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Sounds pretty cool, can’t wait to get my hands on them. 😉 Thank you for all the work you put into this!

Ashesnei
                        Participant

Puhhh…..I remembered my password after all. I’m happy about the new tails, thank you for the work. Oh, it will be fun, to try them.

Kelemelan
                          Participant

I’m veeery sorry for the delay.

All the tails are basically ready. I just need to find the time to make sure they fit just fine, adjust color as much as possible and so on. Basically, that’s tedious and with plenty of other things on my plate, I got lazy. 😛

Thanks for bringing that up ! ^_^

Kelemelan
                            Participant

So, I actually got back to work (yeah, really, no kidding :P) and this final check is coming out fine.

It’s a worthy one since it allows me to fine tune a few tails that needed just that.

I’m already halfway through the list so they should be delivered this week. 🙂

Kelemelan
                              Participant

Done and delivered, at last.

Sorry again for the delay, peeps. 🙂

LBandy
                                Keymaster

The Anthro Male and Female packages have been updated. Many thanks to Kelemelan for his hard work in creating various Tails for both of these characters.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.