caenissnow
Participant

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2911]Yeah, sorry, maybe that one came out wrong. I apologise 🙁

I meant that, to me, gaming as in gamings pnp rpgs, is a social experience, not really gaming in general. My bad. :unsure:

Sadly, my experience with computer gaming tends to support the general perspective but I really didn’t want to be obnoxious, sorry. 🙁

Now to me the trouble with computer games is really that they stop working (one way or another), that they stop evolving, and that you have no control over them. ie: you have no “what if” ability. 😛 you can’t rewrite the end and do something else entirely. You are entirely dependent on the publisher (let’s say that most of us are at least 😉 ), while it’s pretty easy to play that game of “what if” with pnp rpgs or even with a novel if you will. And imagination is such a marvellous tool… ;)[/quote]

😀 You’re fine. No worries.

My experience with computer games only goes back to 1993 with the Myst series. Before that I played my last console, Super Nintendo with my kids. 😀 So for me, all my games still work.

As for not evolving, well Bethesda’s support of modding changes all that. You can play Skyrim and never play any of the questline. Play it completely your own way, in that universe. In fact, I would say modding changed the way I play games. Now I find it difficult to enjoy a rigid storyline… For instance, for Mother’s Day I got Dragon Age: Inquisition and honestly I haven’t really gotten into playing it yet, it’s all so narrow. I ended up heading back into Skyrim with a rash of new mods. 😛

Also, I’m never in a big rush to get to the ‘end’. I like the journey. Even in online games, I take the wrong path, run right into danger, wander, explore, get lost and find things others just zip by. I try to experience everything. 🙂