• This topic has 22 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by sade.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    greg
    Participant

There always will be males who are overly imaginative, and see something in his hand and hip pose.

Put he is still the winner for the next dwarf super model contest.

And if he can grow a beard that runs to his waist, he can surely grow that chest hair. 🙂

anybody else? he can stay?

berg
      Participant

I’m not sure the second hand is any better than the first one – but it might be just my problem 🙂

berg: any suggession where you imagine the hands? the hands will be rarely empty, imagine a beer, a sword, an instrument, etc there
        i just didnt wanted to hang

berg
        Participant

I think both the last two hands are somewhat weird if empty-handed. I am planning to use a lot of empty-handed characters so hands that are just hanging relaxed are also fine with me. It really depends on where and how the character is used. The pose is difficult, I agree. I think the human female is very good in that she can be made to appear relaxed but when the legs are visible you will see that here knees are not ‘locked’ so that she is appears prepared for something.

It’s difficult to describe poses but also difficult to think about better poses without actually seeing them and comparing. I don’t dare to give you any advice on it as I think your doing a really good job already.

As I said – I think a relaxed pose with arms hanging is just fine. Like when people are standing at the corner of a street. But two other multifunctional poses come to mind – they might be too radical and I’m not sure if they can be made to work empty-handed:

1. Almost like the last one but with one hand 15cm from the body, the other hanging. Might need to change legs position to appear more natural. This would allow the character to carry long items on one shoulder (something like this: http://images.sugarscape.com/userfiles/image/JUNE2011/Lozbomb/TheThreeMusketeers1.jpg ) and it would allow the character to lean forward on a sword, axe or just a plain walking stick (a bit like this but one-handed): http://ozarkscivilwar.org/photographs/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Zagonyi-Charles-30649.jpg .

2. Like the last dwarf but the hand is at the side of the body – not in front of the belly. Could again be used to lean on stuff (like this but closer to the body: http://brinawilliamson.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2011-standing-dwarf-warrior.jpg ).

Not sure if these two poses work at all empty handed and if there is a suitable natural position for the legs (besides walking). Hanging arms are just fine too 🙂

berg
          Participant

Yep, thats more like it – he’ll make fine barbarian ::)

Arlesienne
            Participant

Guys, you are perverts to see any problems with the hands! They are fine to me. Remember the pose must not be extreme – all the accessories and less easy to morph clothes have to fit the same guy…

🙂 no prob, i will rework it from zero

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.