Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Program crashes when loading

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    o0elvis0o
    Participant

The program will not load and crashes when trying to download files from the server. Have uninstalled and re-installed it. Have tried in compatibility mode and run as administrator.
      Windows Vista 64-bit system

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi there,

When the app crashes it generates a dump file at ePic Character Generator/logs/crash_timestamp.dmp and .log. Can you send them to us with a dxdiag attached to [email protected], so I can look into it and fix the issue?

Thank you!

sk8recrow
        Participant

Hello,
          Same thing for me, I did an update for windows 10 and I cannot launch the program anymore

LBandy
          Keymaster

Can you also send the above mentioned files, please, so I can figure out what’s going wrong?

sk8recrow
            Participant

OOoooops,
              Sorry I don’t know what you want, I don’t know where to look

LBandy
              Keymaster

You can see the above post to know where to find the dmp and log files. You can generate a dxdiag by typing dxdiag in your Run line in the start menu.

LBandy
                Keymaster

Hey guys,

This crash has now been fixed. Unfortunately as you crash after login the program won’t be able to patch itself, so can you please redownload the installer to ensure to get the fix? You don’t need to uninstall it.

http://epicgenerator.net/index.php/get-the-program

Let us know if there are still problems with the new version!

den2k
                  Participant

Hi, to me it doesn’t start but does not create any dump, simply opens seemingly a cmd.exe then exits and dies there, no process launched, no windows signalling an abnormal termination, nothing.

I sent you an email with the dxdiag results, I hope that helps.

den2k
                    Participant

Uhmm… ok I must correct myself. It appears that executing it from administrator works perfectly fine – it didn’t the other day but it may have been due to not rebooting in several days (I use to hibernate the PC for faster resume time).

The only strange thing is that it never needed Administration rights, possibly there is a small inconsistence with the manifest file during compilation.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.