Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    LBandy
    Keymaster

I’d say there’s some wierdness going on. I’ve verified this pack either on the Steam and the standalone version and both work fine. Do you have the standalone one installed maybe? You could also give it a go and try uninstalling that one. Apart from that, if you’re looking at the installation folder in your steam directory (SteamsteamappscommonePic Character Generator) and check the dat folder. Do you see any file which are not .lba? You could also check c:/users/userame/appdata/roaming/ePic Character Generator to see if there are rogue files there. Just delete anything which is not an .lba file. Also you could try manually deleting char_coma.lba and core_coma.lba, as these two files are making up the pack you’re having troubles with. Is this the only package you’re seeing this issue? What was the solution of your Season 2 packs?

caenissnow
      Participant

Okay… I don’t see anything in the Steam folder that isn’t lba but i’ll go check the other location. As for the season 2 stuff, I kept going out and logging back it and finally everything updated.

I probably do still have the old stand alone version still installed. I just like the convenience of Steam.

I’ll go have a look in that other folder. 🙂

Nope. No luck. I tried deleting those mentioned items too and no luck. I’ll go try the stand alone version.

LBandy
        Keymaster

Well, the screenshot clearly shows you have the old pack, as all the icons have changed with the recent update, so I think it will be coming from the standalone installation from the users directory. I believe uninstalling that one will let you run the steam version without issue. I’ll safeguard against this situation in the next patch, sorry for the inconvenience.

caenissnow
          Participant

Ah okay… Then I’ll try that. The standalone version I had still installed was super old.

caenissnow
            Participant

Shoot…. still no luck. Uninstalled the old version. Gonna try installing the new stand alone version.

UPDATE: The new standalone version works just fine.

LBandy
              Keymaster

All of the issues above have been addressed.

– Fixes in Season 1 packs, the top-hair no longer conflicts and hairs no longer clip through tops
                – Color slider no longer activate Tips
                – Toggle no longer overlaps main categories in lower/widescreen resolutions
                – Steam version should update packages which are not owned on Steam correctly
                – Anything else I’m missing now but has been mentioned here

What’s not going to be fixed:
                – Confirmation on save/export if file already exists

Kelemelan
                Participant

err… now that I’ve updated, ePic no longer accepts my password. :unsure:

Any help ?

LBandy
                  Keymaster

I had a quick look on a fresh installation, and it seemed to happened for the first time I entered my details too. After retyping everything worked. I’ll investigate…

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Well, it’s not working here. Behaving as if I wasn’t regged. :unsure:

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Right. So the trick is to click outside the input fields once you’ve finished typing your account information, and click on login afterwards. Will put up a fixed exe soon…

Kelemelan
                        Participant

While waiting for the fix, I’ve found a way out : offline mode is working.

Though of course, I can’t update, since I can’t login.

Kelemelan
                          Participant

oh yep, the click in, click out trick works just fine, indeed. :cheer:

LBandy
                            Keymaster

Should be ok now.

Kelemelan
                              Participant

Yup, it works, thx. 🙂

caenissnow
                                Participant

Steam version is working fine now. 🙂 And wow…. I did a very bad thing and spent $8.99 on the new warrior male pack.****… Love the long hair! 😀 Yay!

**** (Don’t tell my husband. Shhhhhhhhhhhh……)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.