Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Missing File with new updated download

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Blue-Stardust
    Participant

Hi, just now re-installed the newest version of the program and after trying to run it, it says its missing a file and won’t load. The file name is MSVCP120.dll Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks.

LBandy
      Keymaster

This file has been added yesterday, if you grab a fresh copy of the installer, you should be good to go! 🙂

Blue-Stardust
        Participant

I’ll do that then. I had DL’ed it the other day and had just now actually installed it. Will try again.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Should we do a fresh reinstall in order to get the latest updates, lbandy ?

LBandy
            Keymaster

No, the program has it’s own updater, so once we release an update to the program, it will be applied automatically to all clients. There hasn’t been any change since Friday to the program, only this DLL was added.

Blue-Stardust
              Participant

Um, okay, tried downloading it again and reinstalling and this time it loads. However I ran into a new problem. When I try to type in my information that is prompted for, the program crashes. Tried twice and each time it crashed.

LBandy
                Keymaster

That’s interesting. Can you tell what error message you receive when it crashes? Does it crash when you’re trying to type anything, or when you press the Login button? Do you have Remember Me ticked?

Also, if you look up the installation folder, there should be a logs/ directory, which contains some files starting with the name “session_”. Can you look into them to see if there is anything else then “Loggin started…”?

Which OS are you running on by the way?

Blue-Stardust
                  Participant

After I type up my information, when I press the ‘Login’ button is when it crashes with ‘the program has stopped working for some reason’. I then have to shut down the program all the way. I didn’t have ‘remember me’ checked as I never like to click on that option anyway.

I have a Windows 7 OS.

LBandy
                    Keymaster

I’ll send you an email shortly. 🙂

Blue-Stardust
                      Participant

Also in the logs folder, there is only 2 text documents that say ‘logging started…’ but no other information is given.

Blue-Stardust
                        Participant

I’m not sure if this makes a difference or not, but when I tried accessing the program, I was still logged onto the site here. Again, maybe that means nothing, just thought I’d mention it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.