Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Developer Program Getting Started without Photoshop

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    caenissnow
    Participant

it works! 😀 Yay!

But i do have a request on the new color selection tool. Is it possible to get a saturation slider in addition to the color thing? Because i might want light grey and I can’t seem to get light grey on there. If you get what I mean.

Attachments:
      LBandy
      Keymaster

I’m glad it works now!

Every possible color is represented on the color picker, so you should be able to pick whatever color you like (or type the RBG code which you get directly from your image editor).

caenissnow
        Participant

That’s true except for various shades of grey.

Would it be possible to get a small slider for grey like this maybe?

I can go in there and get the code for the shade if i need to though.

Attachments:
          Kelemelan
          Participant

Caenis’ got a point. Shades of grey are indeed an issue. 🙂

LBandy
            Keymaster

Okay, I see. Well, you can type in the codes meantime… I’ll figure something out for this. 🙂

Kelemelan
              Participant

Or shades of pale for that matter 😛

But I guess they count as shades of grey, somehow. ^_^

Kelemelan
                Participant

Thx. 🙂

caenissnow
                  Participant

[quote=”LBandy” post=3032]There are two type of hair in the program, the Hair Preset is usually pre-colored, which can be colored further, but obviously the precolored parts can’t really be altered. On the other hand, the simple Hair category mostly uses the shades of grey, so can be colored to any color you want. If an item is already dark, it won’t be colored as much as the “light” items, but we’ve had this discussion a few months earlier. :)[/quote]

My hair isn’t dark. Hmmm….. I deliberately made a light hair because I wanted to have some light colors. I didn’t see this discussion about the hair before. I guess I need to rethink how I do the hair I was trying to do.

Attachments:
                    caenissnow
                    Participant

It’s not bad though… I can get my pale brown/blondie thing going… 😀

Attachments:
                      LBandy
                      Keymaster

I’ve moved the above two posts here as they are more relevant to this topic. I’ll ask Sade what she originally did to the colorable hairs, as I remember there was a trick she used for the first time.

caenissnow
                        Participant

Thanks. 🙂 Sorry for the trouble.

LBandy
                          Keymaster

So a general word of advice about colorable items, try to create them only using shades of gray, and avoid using plain white, as it will make it very static.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.