Forums ePic Character Generator Showroom Postworks Female portrait pack

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    LBandy
    Keymaster

Yeah that Bestiary showing up is definitely a bug, I’ll take a look once I can. As for the missing categories, nothing new has been added, so not sure why that’s happening. I recall you had a similar issue earlier, any chance you’re doing a specific sequence of actions?

Kelemelan
      Participant

Don’t believe I’m doing anything out of the ordinary.

Just running ePic, loading the Portrait Pack, building a character, then noticing I’ve got one extra available (namely the bestiary pack), trying to load it, I get plenty of exceptions pop ups, end result the soft still work but main change I notice is the extra backgrounds. That’s about it.

Actually, I would have noticed this a long time ago (especially since indeed we already faced a similar issue as I recall) but this is the first day I’m actually spending time with the portrait pack so… 😛

Tried this with both PC and Android versions, with same results.

LBandy
        Keymaster

Well if you only see this issue once you activate the Bestiary pack in the Portrait one that’s fine since that pack shouldn’t be there in the first place. 🙂 I’m away for a week now, but will fix it once I’m back.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Sure, no sweat.

Have a nice “away week”, whatever it is ! 😛

LBandy
            Keymaster

Thanks! Visiting GDC actually. 🙂

Kelemelan
              Participant

Guess this isn’t the General Dental Council so it should stand for Game Developers Conference… Have Fun! 🙂

Kelemelan
                Participant

Just for the record (so far):

ePic has been sending strange error messages. Nothing major since it’s working all right anyway.

I’ll keep an eye on the issue and I’ll keep you in the loop. This may be linux related since so far I’ve seen it only on the linux machine I’m currently using but I’ll provide more info especially if it pops up more frequently and with android and/or windows comps.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

What do you mean by strange error messages? Can you name a few?

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Nope, sorry, can’t name something specific out of the blue but in the past days I got maybe a dozen error messages out of the blue specifically while I was trying to save or load files iirc. The file(s) got loaded/saved but the soft was complaining about missing component or being unable to load this or that.. except that it was working.

Note that I was working with the male and female sets this time so this isn’t related to the portrait pack issue.

Note also that this info may be incorrect as I’m trying to reconstruct it out of memory,

I’ll provide more accurate feedback, especially if it’s worth mentionning. If this stops at this linux machine, I’ll assume this is just a local bug but I want to give it a try with other computers first. Just wanted to keep you in the loop. 🙂

LBandy
                      Keymaster

If you have save files which give you error messages when loaded best would be to mail them to us along with the specific error messages, so I can take a look. Generally speaking the only reason a save file should give you errors is either when the save file version is older than the current one, which we haven’t changed for 1.5 years or so, or if you’re missing one of the packages it was trying to use. Given you created the packs yourself, the latter shouldn’t be the case.

Kelemelan
                        Participant

Nope. ePic doesn’t complain about the save files and anyway, those files were all created this week so this isn’t the issue.

as I understand it, ePic complains about loading its own files. Except this isn’t a new ePic installation, it wasn’t complaining about them before and although it complains, it still works.

For instance, I ask save character to… I get a pop up stating “can’t open such or such file”, yet I get the save as window, and still I can save the character…

I need screenshots and more accurate info. Give me some time. 🙂

Kelemelan
                          Participant

The files it’s complaining about are its own “system” files, not the lbd ones.

LBandy
                            Keymaster

Ah gotcha, it seems to be a file system issue then. It can happen when the program asks the operating system if it can write to the directory selected – if the OS says no, the program will show you the error dialog. What you can do is try and save to other locations you can be sure the program has access to.

Kelemelan
                              Participant

Gotcha. This may be a linux issue, indeed. ePic has beenn quiet for a while but I changed my “save to” directory (not that I ever saved in a system directory anyway but I got your point).

Let’s see what happen from now. Thx. 🙂

LBandy
                                Keymaster

Just uploaded a new version, this is fixed now.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.