Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report ePicLauncher.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vandhall
    Participant

Hello and welcome,

Today I’ve downloaded ePic Character Generator for PC from your download section.
      Instalation was without any problems, but when I’m trying run installed program I have that information:
      ePicLauncher.exe is not a valid Win32 application
      I have WinXp, computer free from any viruses and malware.
      Can I get some help with it? 😉

On my wife computer where is vista I was able run program.

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi Vandhall,

Thank you for reporting this, I’ll recompile the launcher to be xp compatible. Meantime you can start the application by running ePicCharacterGenerator.exe from the installation folder directly. Although I would advise keeping the shortcuts as they currently are, as they will needed to be launched after a patch has been deployed.

Let us know if you face any additional issues.

Vandhall
        Participant

Thank you for fast answer!

After use I got different error (it is translation from my language):
          The entry point of procedure LCIDToLocaleName not found in library KERNEL32.dll

LBandy
          Keymaster

Well, that assumes you don’t have Windows XP Service Pack 3 installed, which is necessary for not native xp apps unfortunately (which means being developed in the past 6 years or so).

Vandhall
            Participant

I have Service Pack 3 installed and every update which was possible to download from Microsoft, before they ended support WinXP. I’ve even tried install unofficial SP4, but there is no my language version 😉

And still “LCIDToLocaleName not found” 🙁

LBandy
              Keymaster

If you have SP3 installed, then launching the exe directly from the installation directory should work. Maybe you could give a try of the Steam version (http://store.steampowered.com/app/408930), which doesn’t have the above mentioned updater in front of the exe, and we have users reportedly running on XP being able to use the program?

Vandhall
                Participant

Steam version works perfect. Thank you! B)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.