Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Fasoldgames
    Participant

I also like the magic circles a lot 🙂

He looks quite cool, Neo’s evil twin, or forefather.

den2k
      Participant

Say hello to Elsa.

She’s a NPC I’m creating to support the party for the campaign I’ll be mastering this Summer.

She’s a soldier, through and through. Highly trained both as a incursor/saboteur and combat medic, she’s a balanced fighter who favors nor strenght nor dexterity. Master of two weapons fighting she’s a walking armory, carrying 3 hand autocrossbows (akin to revolvers, new object I created for the campaign, widespread use), one military-issue long autocrossbow (akin to a rifle) and 2 short swords, plus the bolts for the autocrossbows.
        She’s lightly armored, favoring rapid movement across the battlefield, can handle most vehicles, mounts and siege engines albeit averagely.

She’s serious, collected and keeps her cool… but when faced with the impossible her valkirye ancestry comes in full bloom and there are voices running of a wild blonde fury.

I noticed a lack of strongly built / strong looking women skins and the armors… well they are mostly “bikini chainmails”. I’m almost tempted to GIMP my way out adapting male armor to her body.

Kelemelan
        Participant

Hello to Elsa! B)

Not so fond of the autocrossbow concept but the pic is nice. 🙂

Fasoldgames
          Participant

She looks really nice! I also like the rain effects.

Is she perhaps inspired by the Elsa von Spielburg character of the Quest for Glory game series?
            (my favorite game series! )

den2k
            Participant

YES!! It’s my favourite game series too!! And many many people don’t even know about it, let alone understanding the source of inspiration of this character! *_*

Fasoldgames
              Participant

Ah, glad I got it. and thanks for the image!

den2k
                Participant

Not so fond of the autocrossbow concept but the pic is nice.

I thought about this concept for a while – my campaign is magic-punk, Eberron style. This autocrossbows are like the modern composite crossbows with the bow replaced with an underbarrel rotating mechanism which acts both as a kinetic storage and rotary magazine.

The standard D&D autocrossbow is an exotic weapon, I simply adjusted it to be a simple weapon and to have a hand version. They now replaced most of the bows in my setting due to the advantages and simplicity.

Storywise they have been created by a joint idea between the Gnomes (always fond of strange mechanisms) and the Dwarves (the only ones with the skills to make the Gnomish idea work), brought far and wide by the humans – who we know to have the uncanny ability to recognize and abuse the most lethal objects around. Also in this setting Dwarves and Gnomes have overlapping territories, embedded in a (now) mostly human continent so it makes sense.

I also created 4 versions of the autocrossbow: the one-handed (Defender), low damage, low reach, 3 shots; the civillian two-handed (Hunter), light crossbow damage, light crossbow reach, 5 shots; the military issue two-handed (Trooper), martial weapon with slighlty higher damage than the civillian one, longer reach, 3 shots; the exotic Beesplitter, with an astonishing reach and heavy damage but heavy, costly and with only 2 shots.

I’d like to be able to draw them with Inkscape but I’m afraid I’m a bit of a klutz in any kind of drawing…

Kelemelan
                  Participant

Yeah well, let’s just say I’m old school. Except in a supers setting and for superhuman characters I like it grim, gritty and down to earth. Autocrossbows are over the top to me. 😉

Now let’s change the tone, let’s put on a cape and some spandex and you have my attention. 🙂 But I’m pretty sure that wasn’t your intent in this case. ^_^

den2k
                    Participant

Ah no, as you can see from my characters I’m definetely a High Magic person ;P leaning towards Eragon, Harry Dresden… way more magic than LOTR, which is and will always be in my heart. ^_^

Kelemelan
                      Participant

Like I said, I like high magic, provided you’re playing Dr Fate/Strange 😉

Otherwise, yeah, I’m more of a Conan guy, and in my fantasy settings, sorcery is evil and unreliable. 🙂

den2k
                        Participant

Here’s another NPC for the campaign, he’s completely secondary.

He’s the captain who gets our heroes when they land and sends them straight into the hell in front of them. A stern man, already been hit on duty and had its fair share of fight- He comes from the Navy Assault “Famine”, which attacked on another beach some days before with a decoy force in order to distract troops and defenses from the main landing point for us.

The gun is a placeholder for the hand autocrossbow, I think I’ll be able to GIMP it when I’ll get the will to do so.

EDIT: ah, the blue hue is because it’s the Allied troops colour.
                          ————————————————-
                          Here’s the other side of the conflict: a blood-thirsty enemy Commander, a powerful sniper and magic user.

He boasts that he needs no armor as noone ever managed to hit him, and dresses to cause fear in the eyes of the commoner conscript.
                          He dies his hair with the blood of his kills and forms a dread for each personal confirmed kill. He’s often found galloping in the front lines leaving a bloodtrail on his path, hitting the enemy rear lines and then retreating from where he can safely observe and shoot down the opposition.

Fasoldgames
                          Participant

Sounds like quite the epic conflict! I would vote for the allies though, people who think they are impervious to bullets usually are….how does one say it….not all of their dogs are barking 🙂

And besides, as the old saying goes: ‘The loudest in the room is the weakest in the room’. I think the more stern allied commander is the real power here.

den2k
                            Participant

And those two were lowly Captains, just the beginning… Here follows

Sen Sho Gun, the general of one Allied nations. Her nation isn’t directly endangered by the Empire, but if they’ll manage to conquest the last stripe of land that leads to the peninsula only a couple hundred miles from their coast the danger will become very real. She’s a powerful psion who directs the actions and saves the lives of thousands of soldiers at once, all the while riding into battle when the need arises. She’s also the dear auntie of one of my PCs but he doesn’t know about it, for now.

Tarkorr is from the other side of the conflict. Three words: warlock, bloodthirsty, psycho. Addicted to power-enanching drugs harvested directly from the Nine Planes of Hell he bonded a Pact with The Destroyer in order to achieve power. He’s also a hoarder of magical treasure and paranoid enough to be tough to betray. He’ll be the chief defender of the biggest fortress in the southern reaches of the new Empire and chief of all the war operations in the desertic Baradir region. His favourite food? Psions.

Helena Sha Vestfald, a Empire general. She’s loyal, honorable and cares about her soldiers. Just don’t cross her, her cold rage is unstoppable and makes her ruthless.

Fasoldgames
                              Participant

These look very nice!
                                Makes me want to sign up with the Allies. Is there a recruitment station nearby?
                                I can’t ride a horse, but I can certainly swing an axe!

den2k
                                Participant

No horse riding skills required, standard equipment comprising longsword, one hand autocrossbow and cloth armor provided. 1 gold coins each month for basic infantry, earn your grade to earn your pay.

Also there is very little room in the ships to carry horses, most of the artillery is self-propelled and the mounts are generous courtesy of the Conjurers division.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.