Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Can’t login to the program’s server

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    I_Create_4_Fun
    Participant

I’ve opened ECG in both Steam and Standalone, and neither one could connect to the server. It keeps putting me into offline mode, which is not what I want. I don’t know where the problem is, my internet has been flaky for a while, and programs just randomly act up (or off, in my case) and some just don’t seem to connect even when everything looks OK. Just wanted to notify you, in case it was an issue affecting others as well.

LBandy
      Keymaster

I’m not aware of any downtime from the server’s side, and there weren’t any other reports. I also just checked and the client connected fine on both platforms. I hope this is now resolved on your end, too.

I_Create_4_Fun
        Participant

Sorry for the late reply, working fine now.

Noir22001
          Participant

Error messageHi there. I purchased the complete bundle and then purchased the PSD and the pro version…now my game won’t load. I just get a screen that says “ Downloading missing packages. (1 files)

downloading Char_port_ma_prev” is this normal? It’s been 20 minutes and it’s not starting.

LBandy
            Keymaster

Hi Noir,

Sorry to hear about your issue! It’s definitely not normal. 🙂 Let me reach out to you by e-mail to try and figure this one out.

guinevak
              Participant

I’m also having trouble; I just installed and went through the tutorial fine, but when I try to log in with my credentials it claims it can’t reach the server.

LBandy
                Keymaster

This seems to be unrelated to an actual login issue.

If it says it can’t reach the server it usually means that the connection has been somehow interrupted. The software retries for 30 seconds and afterwards it gives you this error. When you first start it takes you straight into the Tutorial so the connection problems are ignored, but they are visible afterwards – probably this is the reason you didn’t see it for the first time. Try enabling the software on your firewall/router, and make sure it has access to the internet.

guinevak
                  Participant

How can I do that?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.