Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Can’t change draw order with Season #1 Packs

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by sade.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kalnaren
    Participant

In the ‘Demo’ pack and some others you can change the layer certain items appear on (like make boots behind pants, or an animal companion in front or behind the character).

It seems when I create a character using any of the Season #1 packs, that icon no longer exists.

This makes it pretty much impossible to use a large number of assets.

This feature from the season 2. I suggest to everybody, to use season 2 because it have much more feature, and the quality jump. However I have seen many stunning character with season 1, no more new item or developing for it.

Kelemelan
      Participant

Kalnaren, alternatively, you can edit the final pic itself in an image editing soft…. 😛

LBandy
        Keymaster

As Sade mentioned earlier, the toggle feature has been added in Season #2 packages. We’re currently restructuring how the categories interact with each other, and will see if we can get these features available in the Season #1 packages too.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Sounds interesting (from my end at least). 🙂

kalnaren
            Participant

Ok, so not a bug, just annoying 🙂

Editing externally is a little difficult since it doesn’t export with any kind of layer support.

. I suggest to everybody, to use season 2 because it have much more feature, and the quality jump

While true, I’m doing a bunch of low-mid fantasy character art at the moment so season 1 packs are more useful.

Unless there’s a way to mix and match stuff between packs that I’m missing?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

– mix and match between the main characters. (biggest, and more useful feature)
              – higher resolution
              – the model’s face is different, and not just in texture.
              – the items have shadows, blend the characters better
              – with our new item system, the long weapons do not “cross” with certain tops, or the weapons do not “cross” certain items neither.
              – no pixel errors, floating pixels, or white pixel outlines
              – you can editing the background. the feature is limited, however give more perspective
              ..and much more.

Kelemelan
              Participant

Easy way to add multi-layered support is just to save multiple images, to layer them and to delete what you don’t need, leaving the extra parts (boots/feets in this case) as transparent, and there you are. 🙂

You can edit all season 2 male packs at the same time, or all season 2 female packs or all season 2 muscular packs. Season 1 packs are autonomous (but you can mix the resulting pics externally of course).

Just select everything you intend to use while launching the soft.

kalnaren
                Participant

[quote=”sade” post=2166]- mix and match between the main characters. (biggest, and more useful feature)
                  – higher resolution
                  – the model’s face is different, and not just in texture.
                  – the items have shadows, blend the characters better
                  – with our new item system, the long weapons do not “cross” with certain tops, or the weapons do not “cross” certain items neither.
                  – no pixel errors, floating pixels, or white pixel outlines
                  – you can editing the background. the feature is limited, however give more perspective
                  ..and much more.[/quote]

Wow that sounds good.

[quote=”Kelemelan” post=2167]Easy way to add multi-layered support is just to save multiple images, to layer them and to delete what you don’t need, leaving the extra parts (boots/feets in this case) as transparent, and there you are. 🙂

You can edit all season 2 male packs at the same time, or all season 2 female packs or all season 2 muscular packs. Season 1 packs are autonomous (but you can mix the resulting pics externally of course).

Just select everything you intend to use while launching the soft.[/quote]

Huh. That’s elegantly simple solution. I should have thought of that.

We restless develop on it. The first season was good beginning,but we developed alot.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.