Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Solved Bugs [SOLVED] Cannot log in after new purchase

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Valkrist
    Participant

I got the free version of ePic Character Generator earlier and logged in no problem. Linked account, got a couple free packs, yay! Thanks for that. Made a few pics, decided I wanted more. Quit the program, went to Steam (where I got it originally) and purchased the Fantasy Starter and Modern Starter bundles (even though I already had one component of each bundle, they STILL came to less than buying each pack individually). Upon attempting to log back into the creator, I get the message:
      Verifying Packages integrity…
      Downloading missing packages. (1 files)
      Downloading char_cofe_pa: 100%

This message repeats forever until I force-quit the program (normal and even steam cannot cause it to quit, I have to use task manager).

I tried “verifying program integrity” via steam, at which point it downloads something of around 24 megs but the ‘verify’ operation never actually completes and I have to force that to stop also.

Eventually, I tried uninstalling and re-installing the program, but it’s still doing it.

Screen shot of the above message repeated 4 times available upon request. ;(

Please help.

Valkrist
      Participant

Should have put in the main bulk: Using Windows 10, latest blah blah blah. But really I was able to use ePic like ten minutes ago, bought a new package, and now I can’t use it.

LBandy
        Keymaster

Hi Valkrist,

Sorry to hear about the issue! The part where you said that even Steam was unable to verify the files suggest me that it could be an issue where the file got stuck in the file-manager in Windows and it was unable to overwrite it. I guess restarting your PC should fix this problem, and then either the in-app downloader or Steam’s verify system should be able to fetch the file from the servers.

Please let me know if it still doesn’t solve the issue.

Valkrist
          Participant

I restarted, and Steam was able to run the File Integrity check. This claimed that ‘All files successfully validated.’

However, when I run the application, the same issue as before. A SLIGHT new twist;
            When attempting to login, it INITIALLY claims “Downloading missing 2 files” but then after a single pass it goes back to “Downloading missing 1 file” and repeats forever.

Valkrist
            Participant

LBandy
              Keymaster

Interesting. Let me reach out to you by e-mail, it would be easier to follow up.

Valkrist
                Participant

Ok

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.