Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

thank you 😀
    you will find lot of food tutorial here: http://www.fusroda.com/watchsessions

caenissnow
    Participant

Talking about this got me inspired to work on the cover for my book. Here’s just a quick sketch of it. I want to paint it but that’s where my lack of experience comes in. 😀 I’ll go check out what you suggested.

Attachments:

use references! especially for hands!
      the others great for sketch, but you should make some exercises like this: https://cgcookie.com/exercise/exercise-24-lets-draw-the-nose/ (i lately allways make studies before i make “art”. simply gives better result.)

did not finished texture and arm study. will finish tomorrow, hopefully

Exercise_31_PracticeSheet(1).jpg

a commission 🙂

1ki.jpg

Fasoldgames
      Participant

Very nice 🙂

hand studies, unfinished

Exercise_43_PracticeSheet.jpg

and the finished creature arms

Exercise_31_PracticeSheet(1)-2.jpg

and 15min bobmarley

gh2.jpg

caenissnow
        Participant

2018 was insane. Father-in-law passed away, disabled son moved to the adult home, and our roof caved in twice due to a hurricane. Glad to see 2019 finally here. 😛 Anyway, been practicing painting for a while… Learning Photoshop CC.sinsofthesonsAGAIN7halfsize.png

sojournstar
          Participant

that looks awesome!!

I am still stuck with PS E6, and probably will be forever lol..
            In any case, I have started digitally painting things again, but am still having trouble being happy with my edges.

In many cases I do want it to look and have the feel of watercolor, or oil in some cases, but when I am painting figures like ladies etc, I can never seem to be happy with what the tools can or can’t do, and the edges never look natural enough to me….

I have no idea how advanced or limited CC is, as I have never had the opportunity to try any thing else. I was very happy to have PSE6 but everything else seems out of my range at my age now anyway… I still get shocked when I see the prices of some of the software, bless the artists that can not only afford this, but have a young enough mind to still grasp the intricacy of the software itself… I’m lucky to remember what I said 5 minutes ago LMAO!!!

😆 😆 😆 😆 sad but true

caenissnow
            Participant

Yeah, my husband and I had a chat. He wanted Netflix and I wanted Photoshop CC so that’s what we did. It’s weird paying a monthly fee for it, but they do keep it constantly upgraded and they keep adding new features. Been so amazing learning to use it, though I am very much a beginner. Here’s a screenshot of Photoshop CC 2019 in action so to speak. I really like it a lot.

Fasoldgames
              Participant

Looks really nice!

caenissnow
                Participant

Thanks! 🙂

Yeah, you can kinda see my very slow progression on here…. https://www.deviantart.com/bpgisme/gallery/
                  I feel like I’m getting better, but it’s slow. I have no idea what I’m doing. 😀

Fasoldgames
                  Participant

I definitely see improvement 🙂

And my experience is that things will get clear, you just have to keep going! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.