– What is best in life?
– The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
– Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
– Crush your enemies! See them driven before you! Hear the lamentations of their women!
– That is good! That is good.
Nah, it didn’t go like that for a real hero! It was like this:
– “What is it that a man may call the greatest things in life?”
– “Hot water, good dentishtry and shoft lavatory paper.”
(Cohen the Barbarian in conversation with Discworld nomads – Terry Pratchett, “The Light Fantastic”; couldn’t be better).