Forums ePic Character Generator Showroom Character Challenges Where to find the stuff in the Challenge Packages?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    The Red Mage
    Participant

My collection says that I own all three Forum Challenge packs: Male Modern Mixed, Modern Effects, and Modern and Sci-Fi Companions and Items .

Where would I find those in the program? Are they in Season 01 or Season 02, or both? I was wondering because even though it says that I own all three, some of the stuff in the images representing each pack is unfamiliar to me and I don’t think I’ve seen those options in my program, particularly for Challenge pack number three. Is there a way to make sure that I actually do own and have the stuff in those packs?

The Red Mage
      Participant

Actually, never mind, as an update I have found where they are. I don’t know how I had missed them before, but I see where they are now.

sojournstar
        Participant

[quote=”The Red Mage” post=3908]Actually, never mind, as an update I have found where they are. I don’t know how I had missed them before, but I see where they are now.[/quote]

Hi there, and welcome.

I have noticed that sometimes when I buy a new pack, I will come back the next time and see more stuff. This happens a few times and I am guessing it is because it takes a little time for all elements and files in the software, to “propagate” for lack of a better term, into the system. I notice this happened several times since I have had the software. Maybe this is what yu also experienced

Kelemelan
          Participant

My guess is challenge pack, effect pack and companion pack do not exist per se.

You have to select another pack first and then you can see these packs. So I’d bet this was the Red Mage’s issue. 🙂

sojournstar
            Participant

be sure you do have all packs turned on in the software. After login, and when you are at the packs screen, you should see a button that says LOAD ALL… be sure to click that when you load the packs initially

Kelemelan
              Participant

Sojournstar, you don’t need to load everything for challenge packs, effect pack and companion pack. Just one base is enough. Ofc, if you load everything, it works too.

However, iirc companion and effect pack will only work with season 2 packs (not season 1)

and

Challenge packs will only work with season 2 male packs (not season 1 packs, and not other season 2 packs either)

sojournstar
                Participant

what do you mean by iirc companion and effect pack

I am not familiar with the names of some packs

Kelemelan
                  Participant

I wrote “if I remember correctly” since I earned most of them due to challenges instead of buying them. But basic idea should be correct.

They became available to everyone later on.

If you look over there: http://epicgenerator.net/index.php/shop/season2/product/70-season-2-tier-2-bundle

Those “special” pack I’m talking about are the “Forum Challenge 1-3” and the Bestiary Pack.

These packs can’t be activated alone. They need a base character to which you add some companion or special effect.

That’s why I’m saying “iirc”. I never had first hand experience of buying these packs. Even though I got them all. 🙂

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Think I bought Bestiary pack since it’s not a challenge pack.

sojournstar
                      Participant

I see… honestly hon, the way the store is set up here, with multi pages having much the same thing, only different layout, I honestly get confused. Since I can not afford to buy bundles (wish) I have to go one or 2 packs at a time, but mostly now, it’s because I am a bit afraid I might buy doubles. I don’t want to pay for doubles lol.

I should have gotton the pro when I first came here, as it was on sale for 30% off then, but alas, could not afford even the discount at that time, since it was Christmas… I am now waiting as patiently as possible, and probably won’t buy too many more packs, untill the next sale. I am now waiting for that, so I can pick up the pro at a discount. Hate to be that way, but things are tight all over as they say.

The Red Mage
                        Participant

I realize the reasons I couldn’t notice the challenge packs before was due to two factors:

The first is that I usually generate season 02 female characters, and the effects, items, companions, etc. of the challenge packs seem to only be available to the season 02 male characters.

The second reason is that when you go to the season 02 male screen to choose a pack, it doesn’t initially show the challenge packages listed with the other packs. However, after clicking “Load All” or “Load Modern” to play, if you then go to the settings screen (such as for when you want to save, export, or load), the challenge packages icons will then appear along with the other male season 02 packs, even though they are not normally visible when you first go to the selection screen.

Kelemelan
                          Participant

I get that, I can relate. 🙂

Think the team didn’t want the Challenge packs to be too easy to get, that’s why they are somewhat difficult to reach. Or you can earn them as Achievements (that may be the easiest “cheap” way).

The Bestiary pack is a normal pack you can buy on its own though. Achievements may help, again, but there are only four of them…

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Yes Red, the Challenge packs are meant for the Second Season Male Base, so it doesn’t work with all the other characters.

And challenge packs don’t show in the first list because that list is a list of base character so it doesn’t display special effects or companions. You need to select a base (male) character first and then you can pick a companion or an SFX.

However, you don’t need to load everything like I said. One character is enough, although what’s good for the goose is good for the gander… if you got everything it’ll work just fine. 🙂

greg
                              Participant

We call the Challenge packs “Settings Only”. They don’t show up on the first screen where you choose 1 pack, but if you have them they are always on the Settings screen.
                                Just at the back of the list.

Load All works for them, but you can also turn them on and off individually.
                                With the first one, you can even turn off the base pack you selected.

Kelemelan
                                Participant

Ah, yes, good point. Just noticed I could do that plus turn off the base pack while using the Bestiary pack.

Well, so far I only tried that with Wine but hope it is deliberate and not a glitch. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.