Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Suggestions, Ideas Weapons and background universality

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    den2k
    Participant

While building my female elf sorcerer/wizard I noticed that I lacked several backgrounds I had with other packages, also some weapons and energy fizzles around the hands. IMHO these are pieces that should be “free-for-all”.

PS: I apologize for having created three different topics but being those suggestions pretty different from each other I thought it would help categorizing them better. I apologize if I accidentally did the opposite.

the background, the animals, and some other stuff is common in every pack.

(in 2nd gen and 1st gen ‘s background do not mix because of different resolution, and different technical stuff :))

no problem, you doing well :))

den2k
      Participant

the background, the animals, and some other stuff is common in every pack.

Yes, but I cannot enable those packages 🙁 If I start a female character I can only choose female packages, which do not contain the backgrouds for male packages :pinch:

?
        You should!!!
        i mean the backgrounds, and effects
        weapons are differents

greg
        Participant

For Season #2 there are 2 themes, Fantasy and Modern.
          If you choose a fantasy package, you get all backgrounds and items from all Fantasy packs, in Female, Male and Muscular packs.

And if you go to Settings, and choose a Modern pack beside a Fantasy, you get each and every background and item turned on, be they in a female, male or muscular pack. 🙂

Only thing is, we decided against labelling the backgrounds and items with the small coloured triangles, because with all the packages turned on all the time that would be distracting.

LBandy
          Keymaster

All the packs have a theme which we don’t show anywhere. I suspect you’ve seen some backgrounds of the modern theme (in packages lik scifi or modern), and you don’t see them when only fantasy packs are active. You can turn on a modern pack for that base to enable these common items too.

den2k
            Participant

Ok guys I swear that a couple of time I tried and selected ALL the female packages and I missed a screenful of backgrounds ( it said 1/2 ), now I was screenshooting each step and it gives me 3 screenfuls of backgrounds (1/3) minus the modern ones, for which I don’t have any female package.

Still, I have male modern and male supernatural and I’d like to be able to use those backgrounds even for female characters. Also I’d like to be able to use male packages weapons in female characters and viceversa – but when a Female character is started the male packages aren’t in the list of selectables.

greg
              Participant

Ok, try this:

Go to a female pack, and check the backgrounds.
                Now go over to a fantasy male pack, and also check the backgrounds.

You should get the same number of backgrounds.

Only difference is, if you turn on a modern male, because then you see the modern backgrounds.

If you don’t see the exact same background with a female and a male package, please send a screenshot and Lbandy will take action 🙂

den2k
                Participant

If I select only fantasy backgrounds I have the same for both male and female, looks I made some confusion while maneuvring through a barely known program 🙂

Remains open the point that I cannot have sci-fi (not modern as I told before, my bad) backgrounds in my female characters because I only have male sci-fi and not female sci-fi… but backgrounds should be cross-gender! It should be legal to make a wizard in a distopic high technologic future… right now I could make only a male wizard and not even complete since most of the magic related items are in the female packages!

I think the packages are too fragmented and forcibly separated, at least when it comes to robes, equipment and backgrounds, which aren’t tied to particular body meshes.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

There are only two themes at the moment: Fantasy and Modern. All scifi related backgrounds and effects (basically everything which lives in the bottom main category) comes in the Modern theme. Unfortunately there is only one Modern themed female package right now, which is the Modern Girl. It would unlock all the shared Modern content in your female characters.

There have been discussions before either to make this theme based restrictions or not, but there are quite a few positive sides of doing it (most notably having the Random functionality work nice), but yes, your argument is also valid, as if you don’t have the modern female pack (which would also come with a couple of cool modern backgrounds and items usable by others), you are not able to use your otherwise owned content in these packs. Hopefully adding another Modern themed female character in the future which could be useful for your characters can have this issue sorted.

Speaking of robes and weapons, it’s hard to tell whether these could be generalized or not, as the base characters are in different positions, they would require different rendering. We’re trying to have the same items available for both genders in different packs, but as we’ve moved away from creating gender pairs to a more sensible way of having different wardrobes, it takes more time to have the same items for all characters, because they come in different packages. Some of them are already there and available for all base characters, others will come in the future.

Kelemelan
                    Participant

Yup, and the modern barbarian bulky guy looks pretty funky! 😉 😛

Just kidding. 🙂 :cheer:

Though I’d be happy to use his bulk with modern / scifi settings. 🙂

Kelemelan
                      Participant

While we’re talking about weapons and backgrounds, any chance there could be elemental characters sometime in the future ? with the appropriate elemental auras as options ? and with elemental attacks as weapons ? (no rush, this is just an idea)

If you read my lips, I do intend to use this kind of stuff for characters such as iceman, the human torch and so on, but they could be used as elementals for fantasy as well. What do you think ?

(PS: yes, I did post a similar comment earlier on while talking about mutants and ogres but I’m assuming these are different body types and visuals, don’t you think ? :))

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.