Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Myself
    Participant

I think an undo button would be really helpful. There are so many choices in the packs that it can be overwhelming, so you end up having to just trying stuff and seeing how it looks. Having a one click button to go back to your original choice would be very handy and easier to keep track of what you liked.

A reset button, that clears everything and takes you to juts the base model would be useful too.

Kelemelan
      Participant

Just save your WIP then reload the file ? That works just fine as far as “undo” is concerned, because undoing just one choice is pretty run-of-the-mill once you’re used to the soft. You just have to change one toggle. 🙂 Just my perspective of course. 🙂

Reset is even easier : create a new character from scratch and there you are – you’ve got the base model. 😉

To be honest I’m not sure I understand your request. Could be the team will have a better grasp of it. 🙂

Myself
        Participant

So I get my character all done, but want to see if another skin tone would make them better. Scroll through 6 pages and try a few out. Nope, none of them are better. But then I can’t remember what the original tone I used was.
          Yes, I could just save, load, close, load, close, load, but that is so much work compared to one little button you click and voila! there it is.

Same with the reset button. I could press back, click the confirm button, wait for it to load, scroll through the pages till i get to the set I want. Click it, wait to load…. but it would be so much easier just to click one button.

Clicking one button will always be easier than clicking several. That is, if it’s not to hard for teh coders to put one in.

LBandy
          Keymaster

We always welcome suggestions like this, but I wonder how the Undo would work. Would it undo the last selection only? If so, if you are changing through the skins you would only be able to go back once. Or would it save the whole edit sequence so you can virtually undo the whole thing? In this case it would make sense to have a redo as well, as you might step one too far? And that’s two more buttons already, where would they fit?
            Or you can just undo until you change categories, and in this case you would be able to go back only to the one which was already selected when you entered the given category.
            Reset is straightforward though, we’ve been thinking about it earlier, but couldn’t fit the button for it in the gui. Will revisit this now as well.

Kelemelan
            Participant

My personal experience is that if I want to test another skin tone (for instance), I’ll just save the character, export him/her, than change the skin tone, save again and export again, then see the end results while checking the exports side by side. It’s way more convenient to play around with pics than with the soft itself anyway so well… 🙂 But that’s just me. 🙂

And that’s not much work since I’m just reloading the same file with one tiny detail changed in that case skin color.

About that reset button I DO hope we’ll ALWAYS have to click several button when there’s a danger of losing our work. : So either we have to confirm we want to quit or we have to confirm we want to reset but as a user to me, the end result feels very much the same. 🙂

Myself
              Participant

I was thinking just 1 step. I check out a different skin tone (for example) , don’t like it, change back, try another, change back. I’m not aprogrammer, but I’m assuming saving too many changes would use up more and more resources.

And if you changed the buttons into ovals or rectangles, you would use up less space and be able to fit in more buttons.

Kelemelan
                Participant

Sure, but I like to see the different options side by side, that’s why I tend to save them anyway. Still have saved pics of some tests I made years ago because of that, eheh 😛 😉 . Not sure there’s an easy way out of this one. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.