Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Unable to Connect to Server

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Irondrake
    Participant

When I load the program, it asks me to log in. When I do it says the log in is successful then it starts to load the file list. Once it gets to this point, it appears to time out and says “Cannot connect to server”. It will allow me to start in Offline mode but I’m not sure if I have everything I’m supposed to.

Hello!
      Your login is same like here?
      Or you used your steam account?

LBandy
      Keymaster

Can you make a screenshot after you’ve pressed No to offline mode to see which file is it unable to download? Also, you’ll find a log file before exiting the application in c:/users/_username_/appdata/roaming/ePic Character Generator folder, saying epic_timestamp.log (this is being deleted once you quit, so make sure to grab it while the app is still running). Can you mail this to us at [email protected], please? What’s your internet connection’s download speed by the way? Are you having problems loading the site as well?

Irondrake
        Participant

Yes my login is the same. It would appear to be working today. That’s weird, it wasn’t working for the past three days.

Irondrake
          Participant

I spoke too soon. It was looped in downloading packages since my last post and never quite managed to open. When I tried it again, I got the same message again. I will email the log file you requested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.