Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Suggestions, Ideas The “No Character” Option

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

With the Donator Pack, it’s possible to edit a scene without any character in it.

It would be very nice if there was such an option for ePic season 2, even if this required to buy a specifc pack just for that. I’d gladly invest in such an option pack. 🙂

Sometimes, it’s quite handy to be able to separate the background from the characters and then rebuild the scene as multiple layers in an image editing soft for further effects. 🙂 Can’t be done easily at the moment because the characters themselves are always visible.

Just an idea, for the sake of convenience, no pressure. 🙂

but you know the character is moveable, right? 🙂

Fasoldgames
      Participant

Also in the Elf Female pack? I had trouble moving the character, and I could not really move the companion behind the character…or perhaps I missed the button for that?

greg
        Participant

It’s a new feature in Season 2, along with the Auras that move together with the character.

Kelemelan: I know it’s a hassle to move the character out of the way to take a shot of the background, companion, but as LBandy said, we need this feature in order to stop people from exporting the pictures item by item.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Sade: yes, I know the character is moveable, but if I want to compose something with several characters (like I did), I have to put one character on each picture I export. If I could, I’d export the characters separately, then the background and rebuild everything in photoshop or gimp because as it is, the layers add up where the characters are situated, and it’s quite unwieldy. 🙂

Greg: now, of course, if there are legal issues involved I understand if it’s not possible. That’s also why I was proposing to make this a paying option, even a limited one like : “you can export an ePic image without a character provided it includes at least 2 (or 3 or whatever) components)”, and hardcode that into this specific export button for instance as soon as the character is toggled off :). Something like a background and a companion for instance, or a background, an effect, and an item if we’re trying to illustrate something and not someone (just a few examples). These would fit the restriction. But once again, I understand if you’re concerned about protecting your soft. 🙂

I’m just the guy who can’t draw a straight line and who’s trying to find his way out of it 😉

no, i dont want to give limitation.

Kelemelan
            Participant

Thank you for that. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.