Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Beholder75
    Participant

I have suggestions fore two future packs. One to design dragons. One to design Damsels in distress ( not necessarily helpless).

Kelemelan
      Participant

In distress but not helpless ? How different would that be from the current female packs ?

Ilithianeae
        Participant

hello all.

i am new here and i looked into the software which is really nice! and i got two ideas already!

first one: i have not seen children there! i would be happy to see some sets for it!

second one: i would like to see a second color ramp so that i can dye the hair with two different colors (and clothes too, naturelement!).

greetings Ilithianeae

ps: is it normal that the arm-thingies go away when i put on a coat???

Kelemelan
          Participant

Hi and welcome aboard ! 🙂

Designing children is very easy, just use the pro version, export whatever you need and change the proportions of the adult figure to make him/her more childlike.

You can add as second hair color the same way. Once again, use the pro version and manually recolor a second copied hair layer. That’s very easy to do actually.

Besides these options, I’m pretty sure LBandy will tell you you’re dependent on the artists’ good will but that would be for him to answer 😉

My guess regarding the arms you’re referring to is that some layers are mutually exclusive, so, my answer would be “yes prolly”. But let’s wait for a more educated perspective… ^_^

LBandy
            Keymaster

Welcome to the forums, Ilithianeae!

Kelemelan pretty much answered everything, so not much for me to add. 🙂

You can also check the FAQ for some answers, where for example the Armguards ignoring Coats is mentioned:
              https://overheadgames.com/epic-character-generator/faq/

Ilithianeae
              Participant

hello you two,

sadly i am bad at such things so i put it into these thread as an idea.

hmmm….. that with the arm-thingies … that somehow is a little bit out of my logic-range..  XD

Kelemelan
                Participant

Well, the quick and dirty way to design younger characters (or halflings or whatever) would be simply to export the final character as PNG on a transparent background, then change proportions in any image editing software of your choice, add a background if you need one, and voilà !

For that, you don’t even need the Pro pack. 🙂

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Ideas and suggestions are much appreciated!

The issue with scaling inside the software is that most libraries provide suboptimal results. There is a lot of fancy algo stuff in both Photoshop and GIMP that you can use to scale up or down either the characters, companions or items, that’s quality we can’t match with any internal scaling. We aim to provide a “good enough” experience with easy to use interface, and adding a lot of these more advanced functionalities not only makes the software harder to use, but also would decrease the overall usability because of technical limitations. So as a workaround, we do give you the option to export the character on layers using the PSD Exporter and then have full control of your characters in post-work, if you need this level of granularity.

Multi-colored items is also a topic we cover often. Marking specific parts of the items that can be colored to one or the other is something we should’ve done when we originally developed the content. Everything was exported from real 3D, rendered models, and then postworked to improve the looks, but at this point, we no longer have any information on the actual models, so simply adding multi-coloring now is not possible. Like Kelemelan mentioned, the most common solution to this is simply duplicating the specific layer in Photoshop and then coloring the different parts and blending them together. So even while we can’t have all functionalities in the software, we do give you the tools to be able to manipulate the image further.

I hope this helps!

Ilithianeae
                    Participant

ah, thank you for these information, LBandy! ^^-^^

a dirty way, eh? interesting! ^^

Kelemelan
                      Participant

There, for the sake of demonstration. 🙂

This is a random who’s just been resized and cleaned up of “mature” stuff to look more like a youth.

This is no work of art but you should get the idea 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.