Forums ePic Character Generator Showroom Share your character :) Shaw’s character(s)

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Shaw.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shaw
    Participant

Using this to quickly design NPCs for my game.
      Had a hard time for Old Lex… most of the characters do not look old. I used the zombie-ish skin to simulate age. But he’s just old.

Attachments:
      Kelemelan
      Participant

What’s the end result you’re looking for exactly ?

My best guess is that you shouldn’t expect a quick design to be too accurate or an accurate one to be quick.

If you’re looking for accuracy, go for the season 2 packs, apply filters, multiple layers in photoshop or GIMP, some (or a lot of) postwork in photoshop or GIMP and you should be okay.

If you want to pick something out of the box (that is ePic’s season 1 box), well you should be constrained by that very same box.

Not that I’m complaining about season 1, I’m still using it, my message is : postwork is of the essence. 🙂

In your case, try to save the Skin layer and the clothes layer separately (transparent background), then recolor the skin, multilayer and re-assemble the whole pic. That way, you should have a way around the greenish aspect of the character.

Kelemelan
        Participant

Something like this for instance (based on your original one). 🙂

Export.jpg

Kelemelan
          Participant

Basically, just made the character look more humane, now I have zero idea if this was your original intent 😛

Shaw
            Participant

That looks fantastic… thanks!

He is supposed to be an elderly garrison commander who will provide the players with quests.

Players respond better if I provide a visual, so I’m using this program to try to generate a lot of different NPCs quickly. I agree with your comment – I can’t expect perfect detail, and ePic seems just fine for what I’m trying to do.

Appreciate the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.