- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
For jvarnes 🙂
– a Character who needs a Lighting bolt effect 🙂
– Program what can handle layers (preferably Photoshop)
– A lighting bolt png or brush. I used this one for my tutorial: Click here
At first i made a character (she is a random)
Then on NEW LAYER i put some lighting, where i want. The new layer is important
I DODGED the lighting for making high neon effect
ANOTHER NEW LAYER, took a soft rounded brush (its around 100 px), SAME colour like the lighting, but SCREEN brush settings, i made some blobs, and stuff (the “shadow” part)
i set the layer “soft light”, and put between the character and lighting bolt.
also made some little spot to the character’s hand, without any reason 🙂
The lighting effect as png (feel free to use)
two optional little thing:
i duplicated the merged layers, and set the new layer soft light around 25%
merged again, and put a “smart sharpen” to it
Yea! Thank you for this great tutorial sade! 🙂