Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report “Failed to open file prev.jpg in package: core_cofe_c1_prev.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    The Red Mage
    Participant

Recently, when saving or loading a character, I’ve been getting the following message:

“[i]Failed to open file prev.jpg in
      package: core_cofe_c1_prev.[/i]”

It doesn’t seem to actually affect the saving or loading of the character, and it only happens the first time I try saving or loading the character. But still, this message has been coming up nowadays and I don’t know why.

LBandy
      Keymaster

Thank you for posting this, I’ll take a look whenever I have some time to see what could cause this. It’s certainly not an issue for saving or anything, but it’s just kinda annoying to see this pop up every time you enter the Settings screen.

The Red Mage
        Participant

Thank you. To add it doesn’t happen every single time. It’s been hard to predict when it will happen, but usually once it happens once it’ll keep happening until I close the program and reopen, after which it stops for a while. I had never happened before until recently (as in a few days ago), and it’s been off and on since.

LBandy
          Keymaster

So I’ve looked into it and it doesn’t seem to come up on my end. The issue is with the package Season #2: Female – Bestiary, and it looks like it’s unable to fetch the preview image when you open the settings screen. Whenever it happens next could you please note which packs were active at that point? Looking at the settings screen you’ll see the active packs are colored while the inactive ones are darker. Hopefully I’ll be able to reproduce this on my end and see what’s the issue.

The Red Mage
            Participant

I see. When I use the Season #2 Females, I usually click “Load All” rather than “Load Fantasy” or Load Modern.” Would that mean that all of the packs are active? As it seems when I look at the settings screen they are all colored.

Kelemelan
              Participant

It should. That’s what it does on my end.

All Season 2 Female Packs that is (not including Male, Muscular or Season 1 Packs).

LBandy
                Keymaster

So I’ve tried to repro this in various ways, loading the characters manually or by using the Load All buttons but still nothing. Could you possibly make a screenshot the next time the message pops ups, then close it and take a screenshot of all the pages of the Settings screen? Hopefully there’ll be something to see there which could lead to a solution.

The Red Mage
                  Participant

All right then, the next I get that error message I’ll take some screen shots to show.

The Red Mage
                    Participant

I got that error message again. As requested, I took a screenshot of the error message as well as the pages of the Settings menu. I’ve attached images of all three. I hope this helps get to the root of the problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.