Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Failed to initialize the renderer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mustang72
    Participant

i get a message that says.
      failed to initialise the renderer. please contact support. with your support email address

LBandy
      Keymaster

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues. I assume you are running on a virtual device, which we don’t support. If this is not the case could you please send a dxdiag to [email protected], so I can take a look and fix this issue?

Thanks for your help!

mustang72
        Participant

What do you mean by virtual device. Im using a pc. With windows 10.

LBandy
          Keymaster

The error means your video card doesn’t support hardware acceleration, which only happened on virtual devices during our tests. If you could send a dxdiag to support that would help a lot, as I should be able to reproduce your error and hopefully fix it.

Kelemelan
            Participant

Well, my main comp’s video card does support hardware acceleration but I’m constantly facing heating issues with it (may vary depending on the various updates though) while this much less powerful comp works like a charm (both are using windows 10 and this always worked like that even while I was still using windows 7).

As far as I can remember, it was true with the 1st version of ePic so that’s a pretty old story on my end. I’m just used to shutting off the soft when the fan is becoming too noisy. ;P

Ever wondered why I asked for a native ePic file format in order to save the work in progress ? 😉 🙂 ^_^

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.