Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Error opening file for writing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Waldo Butters
    Participant

I am getting and “Error opening file for writing’ message. Also in the message is “C:Program Files (x86)ePic Character Generatordatchar_elfe.lba” When I tried another on I got the same error message with a different modifier: “C:Program Files (x86)ePic Character Generatordatchar_anfe.lba”.
      I am running Windows 8.1 and have attached three JPGs in case I typed it wrong.

Thank you

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi Waldo,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you tried launching the program without installing the packages manually? It will download everything you are missing anyway. Can you give it a go and see if it works for you?

Waldo Butters
        Participant

LBandy:

What I did, before I got your reply, was hit “Ignore” twice and let it load without the two files. Those files were downloaded the next time opened ePic. I am now operational and trying to put together the 25 characters needed for the game I am writing.
          I am happy with what I am getting from this program, but I really wish that you had chain mail for the dwarves.

Thanks,
          Waldo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.