Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kelemelan
    Participant

I was wondering :

Looks like ePic should work correctly with Wine in a Linux OS, shouldn’t it ?

LBandy
      Keymaster

Theoretically yes, as we use OpenGL. Let me know how it works. 🙂

Kelemelan
        Participant

Gave it a quick try with a debian based OS and it worked ok, although it required a .net framework.

Gonna check how it’s behaving in fedora.

Kelemelan
          Participant

Ah, there, at last. Got it working with Fedora.

So my guess is it should work with most things Linux though some fidgeting around may be required at first. 🙂

Unrelated side note : You may want to check the unregistered new users tutorial (ie: click here to do this or that in ePic…). I just went thrice through it twice on linux, granted, but once on windows, and it feels somewhat buggy, with misplaced info and such. 🙂

LBandy
            Keymaster

There aren’t any issues we are aware of, I’ve went through it yesterday actually. Could you post some screenshots to highlight specific areas where you noticed something wrong?

Kelemelan
              Participant

I wish I could but is there a way to re-launch the tutorial once you’ve already gone through it ? 🙁

Kelemelan
                Participant

It worked ok first time I went through it.

I noticed issues this time because I installed ePic on other comps (read linux comps) in trial mode or because I reinstalled after the latest update.

LBandy
                  Keymaster

Yep, just delete the profile.lbd file from the program folder, or if there isn’t one look up your users/username/roaming/appdata/epic directory.

Kelemelan
                    Participant

in Win10, file is in the roaming firectory.

Brace yourself, result is painfult and generating a character that way is extremely painful too since, if ePic doesn’t detect your screen size properly (looks like it detets some, and not all of them (that’s my experience, at least) you’re sort of clicking at random just to get through the tutorial. :

Here are some screenshots as illustrations.

LBandy
                      Keymaster

Wow, that’s really interesting. The resolution seems good as the borders don’t run offscreen, but the icon locations and dimensions are indeed not correct. Is this how the program started up? Could you try clicking the top right corner and change the window type to something else? The tutorial text might overlap the messagebox, but ignore that. Does it help?

Kelemelan
                        Participant

I think I can answer that right now.

Yes, the program started like this and some screens are normal but then others are just completely off and some controls just won’t work I just had to change the window type in order to get through the tutorial tbh. 😛

These pics are 1366×768 because that’s the rez I was running with. Maybe you can try running full screen with such a rez and see if you got the same issue ?

Anyway, it looks like it doesn’t happen in windowed/borderless window mode. The icons realign themselves correctly. And yes, as far as I can tell, this is new – I got ePic running at 1366×768 for a long while without trouble, so there we are.

LBandy
                          Keymaster

Thanks for the info! I’ll take a look at it once I’m back to my PC.

Kelemelan
                            Participant

Oh, and as far as I can tell, ePic itself is running correctly. Looks like it’s about the tutorial. Although…

I had to switch to borderless windowed mode since buttons/icons size in the soft became **huge** (I could only see 6 of them per screen in full screen as opposed to 24 in windowed mode)

Somehow, I believe that matters.

Kelemelan
                              Participant

You’re welcome, no sweat. 🙂

LBandy
                                Keymaster

New version is up. Could you please confirm it works as expected now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.