• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by sade.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Fast Question: Which style elven pack you want first?
    High elves or Fae folks?

Kelemelan
    Participant

Ouch, that hurts. :unsure:

The only elvenkind I know correctly is the Tolkien kind, and there’s no Fae Folks there (not as such that is).

Consequently, what would you call “high elves” or “fae folks” ? Because, well, depending on the perspective, Elves are fairies, so is Morgan (le Fay…), so are Changelings, Brownies, Will o’ the wisps or any members of the Seelie or Unseelie Court, bleh… well it’s quite a mess. 🙁

I really don’t know that subject but there are really many many Fae Folks, sure you want just one pack for all of them ?

Kelemelan
      Participant

I must explain: this is no trick question. I’m just trying to understand what you mean by “Fae Folks” because it feels too broad a subject for a single pack to me. 🙂

But I guess what you have in mind for “Fae Folk” is much more limited in scope than what I understand. 🙂

😀
        i call the “very noble very elf” (like tolkien type) high elf
        and fae folk like more simple wood elf, or pixie alike elf
        like seelie and unseelie court.. if its explain better? 😀

Kelemelan
        Participant

oh, yes, it does. Noldor and Silvan Elves, then, basically. Two elven packs ? High Elves & Wood Elves (call him Fairy Elf if you want to keep the “Fey” reference) maybe ? 🙂

Because to me an actual Fey (the flying kind, with wings fluttering of fairy dust, dressed in a gauzy attire and with a magic wand 😉 ) is definitely a Fey. 😉 😛 I was trying to reconcile her, and Brownies, etc, etc… in the same pack. That’s why it just didn’t fit. 😛

Now, you asked me a question. I’d go for Wood Elf (or Common Elf/Fae Folk… etc…) but these are my personal tastes. Assuming that this one is more akin to Tolkien’s Silvans in attire, weaponry and attitudes, it just “feels” more interesting. Now It’s essentially an opinion based on a feeling. If you plan on doing things differently, please, do what you will. 🙂

greg
          Participant

I would like High Elven first, the intricate, gold and silver dresses, noble faces and gleaming weapons.
            (I’m still missing the noble dresses)

But as usual it’s really hard. Wood Elves would look really good too. I like what Sade does with the bases lately, there would be more variety in Fae (wood elf, tattoed elves like the Kagonesti of Dragonlance, dryads, pixies)

Blue-Stardust
            Participant

Here’s my input. I would like to see both kinds, but I have a few suggestions/wants. First off, maybe you should divide it into Tall Fey/Elves versus Short Fey/Elves? That way, typical fairies could be made with the latter using a variety of models/bases and layouts and high elves/noble elves could be made with the Tall pack as well as any other kind of tall elven folk. Again with a multitude of options for attire, background, etc.

I also was wanting to create my star elf character Gileth using the elven female generator but sadly, there was no option for purple sparkly dresses for her. Her dress is supposed to be an elegant purple shimmery gown that evokes the idea of stardust or starlight but I couldn’t find a dress that matched that look. 🙁 Of course, realistically it wouldn’t make sense if that were the ONLY thing she would wear but I was really wanting to pick something like that.

Other ideas for magic items: various staffs, wands, rods, orbs and totems too for many types of magic using characters. Heck I even have a character whose implement is a glass prism so that would be cool to see an option for that under Human Male. Of course, I am being nitpicky somewhat for my own characters but would still be interesting and neat to see.

One last thing. Since others have mentioned the possibilities for fey and elves are so numerous it may be helpful to separate the different types into more than one pack. But it sounds like you’re already planning that anyway?

Kelemelan
              Participant

Feels like maybe a third pack for full fairy characters would be the way out of this. This would allow small, willowy charactes with wings and the whole shebang. Of course, it comes as extra work. 😉

Still if I keep refering to the drow pack. A similar pack would be fine for High Elves but then, warriors, thieves and such would most certainly be more inspired by a “Wood Elf” pack. Greg’s reference to the dragonlance’s kagonesti sounds quite right in that regard.

Err… one last point, still, meant for Blue: what’s a “Typical Fairy ?” Does this mean there shouldn’t be male fairies ? Only the female kind ? This rapidly becomes a tough one. That’s what I tried to underline earlier on. :unsure:

Blue-Stardust
                Participant

When I said ‘typical fairy’ I wasn’t restricting gender since a race technically has to include both (with some exceptions). I meant a short stature, willowy type creature with wings, any kind of element or domain they could fall under, pointed ears, nature affinity, the whole thing. Different than a high elf since those are typically portrayed as taller, more regal and possess no wings. I hope that explains it.

yes 😀 thank you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.