Forums ePic Character Generator Technical Discussion Bug Report Download setting of anti-virus

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GothPoet
    Participant

Whenever I click the link to download the .exe file, the connection is blocked by my anti-virus software.

The error message I get is:

We’ve safely aborted connection on [url redacted] because it was infected with URL:Blacklist.

I am using AVG Antivirus Free version 20.3.3120 (build 20.3.5200.575) on a Windows 7 machine.

(I redacted the url, but can provide it if you need it.)

LBandy
      Keymaster

Hi GothPoet!

Thanks for letting me know of the issue, I just submitted our links to them as false-positives. It usually takes a few days until they move URLs to a whitelist, so in the meantime, you can either download the software by temporarily disabling your AV or if you have a Steam account, you can also download the software there:
        https://store.steampowered.com/app/408930/ePic_Character_Generator/

I’ll update this post once I got an answer from AVG.

LBandy
        Keymaster

I just got an update from AVG that they added our domains to their whitelist. It can still take up to 24 hours until it’s propagated to all clients, but hopefully, you won’t see a similar issue in our next update.

Thanks for the heads up, and please do let me know if you happen to experience something similar in the future.

Rleon
          Participant

Hello there @LBandy,

I’m sorry to say that the issue still persists, I was going to install this for the first time on my PC and still not valid.

Deactivated AVG but it still shows up like this:

AVG file blocked/deleted

I will try to download the file again without AVG on because it seems it still keeps tracing the origin of the file, even if I close the browser.

(I know… AVG 😐)

I’ll let you know if it works that way.

Best,

Ricardo

LBandy
            Keymaster

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for the update!

The original issue was that they were blocking our website for some reason, but that got sorted. These alerts will pop up every now and then if you download files from the internet, especially if they contain code that initiates a network connection. 🙂 I’ll be putting out an update soon, and after that, I’ll submit the installer for them to whitelist. They can add executables so these alerts won’t trigger on them, but it only works as long as there isn’t a new update on our end. 🙂

Anyway, thanks again for the report!

Rleon
              Participant

Hi again,

may bad for using AVG, to be honest, but I’m used to it by now.

Everything is working fine with the software.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.